Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT representing K's (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292865)

SA125 07-14-2005 04:51 PM

TT representing K\'s

Live 10-20

Totally unorthodox, major LAG who plays a lot open raises from MP. Folded to me in BB, I call with TT.

Flop K x x no draws - I bet, he calls.

Turn Q puts 2 spades - I check/raise, he calls.

River Blank - I check with the intention of calling.

FPS, spewing, missed bet, what?

callmedonnie 07-14-2005 04:54 PM

Re: TT representing K\'s

If you were representing Kings, wouldn't this be a river to bet? If not, you're representing a pocket pair, say something along the lines of tens, that haven't improved.

Paxosmotic 07-14-2005 05:17 PM

Bet/fold, you almost never check after a check raise. If you're going to represent a K you need to do it with a bit more authority than that. By checking you're just asking him to take a shot at you with his Queen. Bet and give him a chance to lay it down.

SA125 07-14-2005 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold, you almost never check after a check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I can't remember the last time I did it. The problem is that he's not above a bluff river raise and I want to show it down, but not for 2 bets.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to represent a K you need to do it with a bit more authority than that. By checking you're just asking him to take a shot at you with his Queen. Bet and give him a chance to lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I posted, but I don't think he's laying down much or he would have already.

TStoneMBD 07-14-2005 06:28 PM

ugly line.

i like a 3bet preflop.

checkraising the turn and checkcalling the river is a sure fire way to make 2 bets when ahead and lose 3 when behind.

gross.

ncboiler 07-14-2005 06:35 PM

I would have check raised the flop and then bet the turn. That would better respresent K's.

SA125 07-14-2005 06:39 PM

Results

He checked behind with 77 and MHWG. I knew he had a made hand, but I couldn't figure out what because he wasn't hitting back.

In the short time I had to think, I couldn't decide what was more likely, he'd bet with a better or worse hand. But I was sure he wasn't folding a better one.

I got the 2 BB's I wanted on the turn and, because I was playing tight and card dead, that was the first time I got to show that I'll take that flop/turn line with something like TT on a KQxx board h/u.

Looks like I missed a bet but, out of the 3 scenario's if I bet - win 1 BB, lose 1 BB or lose 2 BB's because I'm folding to him, I'm still not sure it's the move. Thanks for the reply's.

SA125 07-14-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugly line.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Never took it before and it felt every bit of it. This type of opponent isn't easy to deal with and I ended up zig zagging squigly lines that hand.

[ QUOTE ]
checkraising the turn and checkcalling the river is a sure fire way to make 2 bets when ahead and lose 3 when behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about 4 bets? Had planned to bet the river but knew, even though the chances were slim he'd be bluffing, he might be and I wasn't folding to a raise. But he ended up playing this hand passively, back on his heels, when I expected more out of him. I'm not sure who was more confused, me or him. How does he not fold the turn with 77?

SA125 07-14-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have check raised the flop and then bet the turn. That would better respresent K's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, also keeps the tempo flowing right into a river bet. I honestly think what got to me was his wild, unorthodox style and how it contrasts to mine. So I end up taking a crazy line that I've never taken before, just to mix it up with him, and wind up looking at the river asking myself "okay, what now"?

clownshoes 07-14-2005 07:10 PM

I have no idea what youre trying to do here