Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Texas Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   just popped my cherry! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342934)

Cancuk 09-26-2005 03:22 AM

Re: just popped my cherry!

bueno

CORed 09-26-2005 12:51 PM

I remember my first royal. I've had a few since. It was on Paradise, either 0.50/1.00 or 1/2. I misplayed it because I didn't realize it was a royal. I knew I had an ace high flush, but the board paired on the river. I bet the river, another player raised and I just called because I though my flush might be beat by a full house. My opponent had a full house, but the pot went to me. I thought wtf? and then looked ad the chat window where it said I had a royal flush. Doh!

09-27-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hole in one is far better, as it is completely due to your skill, not some random shuffle of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes not. I once hit a terrible shot in the teeth at a par 3 that bounced low and off to the right. The ball then hit a rock, bounced back on the fairway, rolled down a hill onto the green creeping up to the hole. It looked like it was about to go in but stopped literally on the lip. Thank God! I wouldn't want my one and only hole in one to have been with that shot!

09-27-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On party would have got like a gagillion dollars, on absolute? 1 XL Absolute poker t-shirt. WooHoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets be realistic. On party you would have only got one half of a gagillion.

09-27-2005 01:32 PM

My first royal I wasn't so happy. I had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the board was:

K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I was playing a freezeout with my bro in law, and I was just learning so of course I slowplayed it like Mike McDermot, and he checked behind the whole way postflop.

I've had about 5 since, and each time it's just like 'meh'

The problem is, if the board isn't paired the best your opponent can have is the third nuts with a 9-high flush. I never seem to win much.

KneeCo 09-27-2005 09:53 PM

I've had two royals, both on Party.

One was at a high hand jackpot table and scored me 2k.

Pretty lucky considering I've played about 40,000 ring game hands and only 400 have been at the jackpot tables.

Toddy 09-28-2005 04:19 PM

LOL.. Just did it too!

Dealer: Game #2681122014: Toddy3 wins pot (2450) with a Royal Flush

09-28-2005 05:26 PM

Its a shame you only won $13.50 with it tho. Nice hand btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GemiNiveK 09-28-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hole in one is far better, as it is completely due to your skill, not some random shuffle of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I once played in a shotgun start golf tourney with a guy who had never played. He got a hole in one on the first 130 yard par 3. He may as well have kicked the ball because it worm-burnered down the fairway and up onto the green to plop into the cup. I agree, pure skill.

PokerCat69 09-28-2005 10:17 PM

I've had 2 royals before. For me straight flushes are better money makers. You have the guy with his A/K(possibly Queen) high flush betting like mad.