Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A good river fold I think (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380181)

J. Stew 11-17-2005 06:27 AM

A good river fold I think

Button is unknown so I'm assuming semi-loose passive 23/10-ish.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Nevermind the pf I was trying some jedi-mind tricks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls, CO folds.

Yup

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Yup

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

I fold, the pot is medium, I felt like it was close decision. What do you think?

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

POKhER 11-17-2005 06:41 AM

Re: A good river fold I think

Haven't played much of 6max, but looks fine IMO.

Although you may open yourself up to some 4flush bluffs so keep that in mind.

'Clark's theorm: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BET.'

11-17-2005 07:47 AM

I agree.

zPro 11-17-2005 09:28 AM

I fold this pre-flop.
Please criticize.

BTW, I like how you played this.
Turn bet is great.
River fold good.

gonzopro 11-17-2005 09:41 AM

If I'm the villian I bet this river every single time regardless of what I have. I agree that it's close as we are only getting 6.5:1. In a bigger pot we must call. If villian checks this river, do we value bet and fold to ck raise or just take the free showdown?

11-17-2005 10:39 AM

I like how you tell us you don't have a good read on yourself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think this is kind of similiar to the "fold to donk bet" post I had earlier. I called turn donk and river bet with top pair after board paired, and the concensus was that is correct. So it seems like a call would be better here, but I know what you mean, you're almost sure he has the flush.

Redd 11-17-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nevermind the pf I was trying some jedi-mind tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are not the hole cards you're looking for...fold them.

As for the river, I think about how unknown the button is and how great of a card this would be to bluff. If I have a slight read that he's passive, I'd likely fold it.

jrz1972 11-17-2005 11:00 AM

Even passive players are capable of finding a river bluff when a) the board pairs or b) a fourth flush-card hits. I would call this unless villain is just a complete uber-fish.

Homer315 11-17-2005 11:25 AM

I'm probably spewing, but that's the one heart that maybe makes me raise the river. If it's a jack and I make my two pair, no way. But with my trips now, I might raise, representing that I had been betting the flush draw all along. You don't slow down when the flush hits on the turn, so I think it's entirely possible that if the guy has half a brain, and he's bluffing the river, or else has a baby flush, he could fold this. Even if I don't raise, I can't find a fold here. You only have to be right once in 6.5 times. That's 15%. People love bluffing. It's like crack.

I love your avatar by the way.... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Aaron W. 11-17-2005 12:29 PM

I'd pay off with trips. I'd pay off with a pair of aces. I wouldn't pay off with anything weaker. He may be "bluffing" a medium-strength hand here like ace-no-kicker.