Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KK faces 2 on what i think is a semi-blank board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386738)

@bsolute_luck 11-28-2005 12:16 PM

KK faces 2 on what i think is a semi-blank board

reads: table is semi-loose/passive. nothing really crazy.

1/2 full ring. i've condensed preflop. just assume folds between.

Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop: <font color="red">UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets</font>, SB cold calls, BB cold calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB bets, BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="red">BB caps</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

then figure if you call and the turn is a non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], what do you do, does it matter what card it is?

the action would probably go: SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font> ??

bozlax 11-28-2005 12:21 PM

Re: KK faces 2 on what i think is a semi-blank board

Where you been, @b? I guess I haven't been around, much, but I haven't seen your name in forever.

As to the hand, I'd say it matters if the turn is the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Otherwise, I'm going to war on a non-ace turn.

jaxUp 11-28-2005 12:23 PM

good initial flop 3bet. When it comes back to you, you are getting 23:1 (assuming SB calls) and you have odds to call even if BB flips 72o for the boat. Turn is tough. I think we're screwed a lot of the time (like &gt;90%), and it's probably ok to fold

jaxUp 11-28-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to war on a non-ace turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really believe BB has a 7 here almost every time. I'd say often enough to fold turn UI unless he's a maniac.

car ramrod 11-28-2005 12:31 PM

I think you are in trouble here. BB has a wide range, which could easily contain a 7. I guess I may call down if no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s show up. I am not raising anymore, unless ofcourse it's a K.

Salva135 11-28-2005 12:32 PM

Eh, the pot is huge at this point, I'm at least calling this down unless there's serious action on the turn. BB is telling you he has a 7, but he could certainly be pumping a flush draw or overplaying JJ or QQ. Hard to tell what he would cold-call two bets OOP with that contains a 7.

imported_The Vibesman 11-28-2005 12:33 PM

Does a loose passive BB really cap this flop with anything but a 7? I'd probably call down and hate it.

tiltaholic 11-28-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reads: table is semi-loose/passive. nothing really crazy.

1/2 full ring. i've condensed preflop. just assume folds between.

Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop: <font color="red">UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets</font>, SB cold calls, BB cold calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB bets, BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="red">BB caps</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

then figure if you call and the turn is a non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], what do you do, does it matter what card it is?

the action would probably go: SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font> ??

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you are calling the flop cap.

if it's one bet to me on the turn i'd have a really hard time folding and then not seeing a showdown once i got to the river. but i don't think you are good enough and perhaps folding is best (assuming he is too passive to jam a draw)

if this was somewhere like 5/10 i'd definitely see a showdown since it could easily be something like 88-TT

BoogerFace 11-28-2005 12:45 PM

*grunch*

Reads would help. This is a tough hand.

Call the flop. Bet/raise any non-heart and you have odds to call down your 2 outer.

johnc 11-28-2005 01:03 PM

The BB is definately playing this flop like he got trips or a set. The key is your preflop raise didn't provoke the usual "check to the pf raiser" line that's typical of these types of LP tables. The SB seems to be in there for some reason, however he's just calling (raises &amp; re-raises!). Seems like he's on the draw but can't be too sure given lack of reads, outside chance he'sittin' on something like maybe a seven and is collecting bets but I see this as very remote since this play might take more thought processes than a cold-calling donk (with 7-anything) is capable of.
Turn - well, after reluctantly calling the flop, I can't see that I'm ahead enough times to continue to raise this hand. My personal line would be check/call mode and see. If a heart falls and the SB actually raises then I'm folding. Obviously if the lucky king falls well........