Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Flop good, Turn great,, River, I want to throw up. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363127)

Sykes 10-22-2005 03:08 PM

Flop good, Turn great,, River, I want to throw up.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero ....

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Value Bet/fold?
Check/call?

nomadtla 10-22-2005 03:35 PM

Re: Flop good, Turn great,, River, I want to throw up.

I think bet/fold is the best line here. I don't wanna check cause with no flop agression I don't think anyone has the T and even if they do they've been so passive (for 6-max) so far that I don't think you get raised on this river very offten.

MrWookie47 10-22-2005 03:35 PM

I think this is a bet/fold. You might get called by a mid PP or a lower pair.

10-22-2005 04:05 PM

Does everybody agree on the bet on the flop. I will usually not bet as SB or BB and maybe not even in third position with 6 players. I will ofc try to build the pot but I dont believe betting in BB is the way to do it. Now we got lucky and 4 people called but imo this isnt often the case.

MrWookie47 10-22-2005 04:33 PM

With 6 to the flop, you are almost certainly going to get 2 callers. If you don't, you can probably bet the turn and take it down fairly often. Since there was no raise preflop, you no idea where a bet will come from, so a c/r is not always the best plan. If you bet, you have the option to 3bet, too.

gopnik 10-22-2005 04:35 PM

I bet the river and fold to a raise

10-22-2005 04:45 PM

Nice explanation. Me likes the added fold possibility on the turn if the pot building didnt work. With a more active preflop we can make better flop plays but this play is very nice considering the passivness. Gee, one never stops to learn. I wonder if this is around +0.05BB/100 hand? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Duerig 10-22-2005 04:59 PM

I'd bet the river. I think you'll get called by worse hands often enough to make it profitable.

Sykes 10-22-2005 05:04 PM

Ok, I bet the river, MP called and button raised. I thought about it for about 5secs before folding and MP folded also. So I could have been bluffed out or he might of had a weak T like T4/T6

MrWookie47 10-22-2005 05:13 PM

With you and the caller, that is virtually never a bluff. nh.