Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   TPQK in position hu (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392269)

ludo72 12-06-2005 01:21 AM

Re: TPQK in position hu

What's behind your small flop bet? Is it only because the board is so uncoordinated or do you always c-bet for half pot?

flawless_victory 12-06-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's behind your small flop bet? Is it only because the board is so uncoordinated or do you always c-bet for half pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
there are no draws save v unlikely gutshot wheel draws, so i dont mind the small bet. no point in betting pot here against typical opponents.

fanmail 12-06-2005 01:25 AM

Does anyone else look at villain's line as a possible set or A9? He calls the flop, wants to check raise the turn, but hero checks behind. So villain leads with a small value bet on the river. For that reason, I might just call instead of raising.

TheWorstPlayer 12-06-2005 01:30 AM

Sure, it will look this way to all monster-under-the-bed-seeing weak-tight ninnies. Like me. So I was about to call. But then I realized, "WTF?!" so I raised to $160 and he called with A3. Thanks, flawless_victory, glad you were there for me.

crosse91 12-06-2005 01:39 AM

i like the way this is played (with river raise)
my *fairly* standard way to play TPTK against complete unknowns is bet/raise flop. check turn. bet/raise weak bets on river...

TheWorstPlayer 12-06-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the way this is played (with river raise)
my *fairly* standard way to play TPTK against complete unknowns is bet/raise flop. check turn. bet/raise weak bets on river...

[/ QUOTE ]
Very interesting. What's your name on Party and/or Empire? I kid, I kid. I agree. This is my standard line, too, on a completely dry board where I am pretty sure he has a worse ace. On a flushy board I prefer to bet the turn and check the river (or vb the river, depending).

crosse91 12-06-2005 01:48 AM

back off me kid, i know we play the same game.
And btw, i bet turn heavy on drawing boards.
oh, its not hard to find me on stars.....

yvesaint 12-06-2005 01:49 AM

def raise river here, not only is it HU, but it's a blind battle

your hand has that classic "bluff" feel to it, bets sort of weak on the flop scared of the A, feels kind of better when he checks turn, then pops the bluff on the river

TheWorstPlayer 12-06-2005 01:53 AM

This exact thinking actually made me think about a push. But I settled on 160. Anyone like a push?

12-06-2005 01:53 AM

turn check is nice, it sets up for a fun river. letting him off for that cheap with a hand as strong as yours is not good with how its played.