Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Blind wars...yet another Chief Vs. Qtip battle... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274864)

chief444 06-17-2005 10:48 AM

Blind wars...yet another Chief Vs. Qtip battle...

10-handed, Party 2/4. Qtip is Button, I'm in the SB with XX. BB is reasonable.

See if you can guess the hands.

QTip open raises, Chief 3-bets, BB folds, QTip calls.

Flop: A42 rainbow
Chief bets, QTip calls

Turn: 8 I believe, suits unimportant.
Chief checks, QTip bets, Chief raises, QTip 3-bets, Chief thinks hard and caps, QTip calls.

River: 6
Chief bets, QTip thinks hard and calls.

What did we have and how did we do?

eleventy 06-17-2005 10:55 AM

Re: Blind wars...yet another Chief Vs. Qtip battle...

Don't know what you have, probably something crazy since you posted it, but my question is why would 2 good players be at the same table together? Was it a really good table? Why battle each other instead of just take the bad players money?

cold_cash 06-17-2005 10:55 AM

Qtip: Ax (Maybe A5 for top pair/gut-shot. If this is the case I'm not a fan of his turn play.)

Chief: A with a bigger x, or a set.

Too obvious?

If one of you didn't have an Ace I think you spewed. (Unless Chief flopped a set.)

Edit - I'm taking out my 'Chief with a set' guess because he "thinks hard and caps" the turn.

chief444 06-17-2005 10:59 AM

Because I'm stubborn and like to xxxx with Qtip and he likes it because he's won $$$ from me overall because I'm not good. But we were both playing seriously this hand.

MHarris 06-17-2005 11:07 AM

Chief: 88
QT: AK/AQ

QTip 06-17-2005 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10-handed, Party 2/4. Qtip is Button, I'm in the SB with XX. BB is reasonable.

See if you can guess the hands.

QTip open raises, Chief 3-bets, BB folds, QTip thinks hard and calls.

Flop: A42 rainbow
Chief bets, QTip calls

Turn: 8 I believe, suits unimportant.
Chief checks, QTip bets, Chief raises, QTip 3-bets, Chief thinks hard and caps, QTip calls.

River: 6
Chief bets, QTip thinks hard and calls.

What did we have and how did we do?

[/ QUOTE ]

QTip 06-17-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what you have, probably something crazy since you posted it, but my question is why would 2 good players be at the same table together? Was it a really good table? Why battle each other instead of just take the bad players money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love playing with Chief at my table and many times I look for him to do just that. It's a blast and just keeps things interesting.

It's also a great way to be accountable for what you did in a hand. There's been many times where Chief got to watch my play a hand, and then we can talk about it.

It's also great for the 1 hand in 200 at a table when we go toe to toe and you get some experience playing with a thinking player.

QTip 06-17-2005 11:20 AM

I want to chime in here with some discussion, Matt, but I didn't know you were going to post it as "Guess the hand style". Now I don't want to blow it for others guessing and ruin your fun...

Let me know when I can chime in.

chief444 06-17-2005 11:41 AM

OK OK...this may not be a great one for guess the hands anyway because the ranges are just too big.

I had A2. QTip had A6. I wasn't going to post it but it goes well I think with QTip's HEPFAP post today.

bakku 06-17-2005 11:44 AM

I like the way you played your hand, Chief. QTip should definitely not be 3-betting the turn.