Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Most Bizzare Hand in the World? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358621)

10-16-2005 12:38 AM

Most Bizzare Hand in the World?

My first post... lol... but I gotta know if I played this right.

At a 2/4 NL game, I have about 200. Nobody has an amazing chip stack, we are all about even. 8 players at the table. Im in middle position. Have been at the table for only about 10-15 mins, so no solid reads.

I am dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG Limps
Player 1 raises to 8.
I raise to 16
folds to BB who calls.
Player 1 calls.

Flop is

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks
Player 1 raises.
I call.
BB folds.
UTG calls

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG checks
player 1 pushes all in
I pause, then call
UTG goes all in too.

I show quad kings
Player 1 shows QUAD ACES
UTG shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and you guessed it, the river was 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

So the final result was I flopped quad kings, and the the turn gave quad aces, and the river gave a royal?

Did I do anything wrong, or was this just super bad luck? I eventually reloaded after a small walk and was able to win everything back before the night was over... but I just couldnt believe it. The dealer said he has never heard of anything like that in his life.

MicroBob 10-16-2005 12:58 AM

Re: Most Bizzare Hand in the World?

request a deck change.

dopp16 10-16-2005 01:02 AM

wow, not sure i believe that one

KenProspero 10-16-2005 01:12 AM

I don't see how you fold Quad Kings.

Let's say each of the other players holds an A, they might (probably would in a 2/4 game) go all in on the top full house. I think this is a far more likely result.

csuf_gambler 10-16-2005 01:21 AM

jackpot?

Photoc 10-16-2005 01:31 AM

Should probably post this in the NL forum.

But, on a side note, live poker is rigged.

zuluking 10-16-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, not sure i believe that one

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker 10-16-2005 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jackpot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, at Commerce the OP would only get table share of the jackpot -- the lion's share would go to the AA guy, and the 30% or whatever would go to the QJs guy. Third place in the hand just gets table share.

Talk about a bad beat...

SoloAJ 10-16-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jackpot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, at Commerce the OP would only get table share of the jackpot -- the lion's share would go to the AA guy, and the 30% or whatever would go to the QJs guy. Third place in the hand just gets table share.

Talk about a bad beat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Which officially means he should quit life.

SpaceAce 10-16-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jackpot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a bad beat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone I know on this forum was involved in a three-way jackpot like that here in Las Vegas. After the hand was over, it turned out that players A and B already had the local jackpot on the turn because A had Aces Full and B had quads. My friend hit a straight flush on the river and screwed Aces Full right out of his share while at the same time qualifying herself and player B for the big progressive jackpot.

SpaceAce