Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Did I play this the right way? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=93270)

ssomega 06-10-2004 09:54 PM

Did I play this the right way?

I'm still kind of new to poker. Can you guy's look at this hand and tell me if I should have played it differently.

Thanks in advance,
-Steve

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, CO folds, SB raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 3-bets, SB caps, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 6h 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
Hero shows Jh Js (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 22.50 BB. </font>

Spyder 06-10-2004 11:09 PM

Re: Did I play this the right way?

I think you should have raised pre-flop.
I like the smooth 2-bet call on the flop, although, after the 3-bet I would have capped....all who weren't going to play would have folded by now anyway.

Spyder

ssomega 06-10-2004 11:49 PM

Thanks for the comments. I re-posted this on the small stakes board.

Monty Cantsin 06-11-2004 11:30 AM

I would have come alive on the turn. You want to come alive when there's a chance to include UTG and UTG+1 in the action. I think it's a mistake to bend over backwards to keep these guys in for a single bet. They've already demonstrated their willingness to call multiple bets multiple times, and even if they fold you're not crying about it. In this situation I think you would rather they call 2 bets or fold than call one bet.

Raise the turn.

/mc

andyfox 06-11-2004 11:34 AM

I would have raised pre-flop and then bet and raised at every opportunity from there. Most especially on the turn, I don't want the players behind me to be able to draw to beat me for just one bet. I like to hit 'em over the head with a hammer and not stop unless they make me see the error of my ways.