Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Bad Beat Etiquette (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393579)

Los Feliz Slim 12-07-2005 05:23 PM

Bad Beat Etiquette

When someone draws out on you, would you prefer they apologize, talk [censored], or just shut the [censored] up? Alternatively, when you make a bad read and put a bad beat on someone else, do you comment on it?

ZenMusician 12-07-2005 05:25 PM

Re: Bad Beat Etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
just shut the [censored] up

[/ QUOTE ]

-ZEN

12-07-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just shut the [censored] up

[/ QUOTE ]

And if I do it to someone else, I do the same. If its someone that has played poorly and been putting bad beats on the table, it is deserved, but I don't need to say it. And if it is another good player, I assume its understood that I made the wrong choice, but lucked out.

billymonk 12-07-2005 06:37 PM

I'd prefer if they justified their play and told me/the entire table, what they were thinking. "Yah, I called 3 cold on the flop with bottom pair and another 2 cold on the turn because of the implied odds. I knew I'd be able to make up another dozen or so bets on the river... Oh, a 4-bet cap on the river? Oops".

Yah, I think that would be the best.

UATrewqaz 12-07-2005 06:44 PM

If its against me I say absolutely nothing, I OCCASIONALLY type the following

"..."

When I do the sucking out, when it is a minor suck-out I don't say anything, if I get majorly lucky I usually acknowledge it.

Like when mY QQ hits a 2 outter on the river to beat a guy's AA, I'll usually say something like "got lucky on that one"

DrSavage 12-07-2005 06:44 PM

I'd like them to spontaneously combust.

PokerBob 12-07-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When someone draws out on you, would you prefer they apologize, talk [censored], or just shut the [censored] up? Alternatively, when you make a bad read and put a bad beat on someone else, do you comment on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

in both cases, i like to tell my opponent that he/she is gay.

When I win, "Maybe if you weren't so gay I wouldn't have runnerrunnered you."

When I lose, "Only someone gay could catch that card."

12-07-2005 07:08 PM

Whenever I get lucky I change myself into prick-mode in hope that the other guy starts to cry. Maybe he won't say anything, but anytime I have a strong hand and his in, I bet my ass off and he'll call me in hope to get his revenge, which he won't.

It's so fun to watch how he plays reasonable play against everyone else, but not against me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Other than that I don't really talk much.

SmileyEH 12-07-2005 07:30 PM

If I'm tilting or pissed I'll just yell in the chat box and say FUCUNT a lot. If an opponent starts berating me I go into full on verbal abuse mode. So satisfying.

-SmileyEH