Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Flopped top set (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269846)

brandon 06-10-2005 02:53 AM

Flopped top set

$6-$12 live play. Kill pot so its $12-$24

Button is a decent player but a little Laggy. Button is also the killer so he acts last. SB is calling station. No read MP1.

MP1 calls, a few folds, I raise with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB calls, BB folds,Button calls, MP1calls

Flop:
Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets,MP1 calls, I raise, Button calls, SB 3 bets, MP1 calls, I cap, everyone else calls

Turn:
7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, MP1 checks, I check, Button checks. I didnt bet because I feared a check raise. I had been playing very aggressivly and been check raised on the turn a few times this session. I wanted to see the river cheaply in hopes of pairing the board.

River:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, MP1 calls, I call, BB calls.

eric5148 06-10-2005 02:58 AM

Re: Flopped top set

I'd bet the turn for value. I don't care if I get c/r.

macdona1 06-10-2005 03:01 AM

I agree, bet the turn, chances arent that great that someone has a flush, if you get raised, you have outs. Plus, you dont want someone to make their A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flush for free. Your hand is too strong not to bet it, so just grab your sack and hold your breath I suppose.

poboys 06-10-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chances arent that great that someone has a flush

[/ QUOTE ].

What do you put SB on? He check-3bet on the flop. With all of those players sticking around to a capped flop, you have to think that someone is on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw.

All that being said, I'd bet the turn, call a c/r, and hope the board pairs on the river (this pot's too big to let someone steal it with a four-flush board).

sy_or_bust 06-10-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had been playing very aggressivly and been check raised on the turn a few times this session.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is yet another reason to bet the turn. You have a very strong hand that is possibly best, but there are many cards that can beat you (kings, tens, eights, non-pairing clubs) . Not betting the turn here is bad.

einbert 06-10-2005 12:47 PM

Bet the turn.

bozlax 06-10-2005 01:00 PM

Re: Flopped top set (off-topic)

What's a kill pot?

daftdg 06-10-2005 01:05 PM

gotta bet this turn for value, and to charge the big clubs. If you get 3-bet, call down.