Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   One of my favorite situations (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297874)

Newt_Buggs 07-21-2005 10:36 PM

Re: One of my favorite situations

nh
just curious, why did you complete?

[ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea how -EV this is? I mean, its one thing to critique a hand, but to reveal a move? Wow....Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhh, he already posted an entire mini step 5 that with aggressive plays similar to this. Curtains obviously isn't too worried about posting these things.

curtains 07-21-2005 10:39 PM

Well Im not going to fold. I dont want to move allin for 10x the bb with 75s, its almost surely -ev once its headsup. I hate to raise to like 1200 and get blown off of a hand that has serious value. So that leaves limping. Of course I limp with strong hands too so you cant just raise everytime I limp.

btw Ive come up with another rule called - beware the third limp. Meaning if someone limps twice and gets moved allin on . The third time they limp there is a much higher liklihood they have a monster. Basically each successive limp the chances are higher. I sometimes check in the BB with quite strong hands after the third limp.

07-21-2005 10:44 PM

Re: Howd you do that??

Aren't you nice..

However my question was aimed at curtains who may actually want to help.

curtains 07-21-2005 10:45 PM

Im no help ive used that thing like three times in my life. Also I just brutally sucked out on someone as I was writing this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Apathy 07-21-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Im no help ive used that thing like three times in my life. Also I just brutally sucked out on someone as I was writing this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

was it me?

The Don 07-21-2005 10:47 PM

Tough call with the duece but I honestly don't think many players are folding the 8 here. I like this play and use it a decent amount myself.

45suited 07-21-2005 10:48 PM

NH Curtains... reading that post reminds me once again how bad I suck at poker. (Good thing most of my opponents suck more.) Thanks alot. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And now I have to purge that move from my memory for as long as I'm playing the 22s.

curtains 07-21-2005 10:48 PM

lol, no , I dont even know your handles.

Apathy 07-21-2005 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, no , I dont even know your handles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how do you know it wasn't me? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

curtains 07-21-2005 11:00 PM

Because the guy played stupidly preflop, you would have never done what he did.