Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   checking this river correct? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366326)

RustyCJ 10-26-2005 11:50 PM

checking this river correct?

With my raise PF and I'm getting a caller on the flop and the turn with the A out, I checked the river because I felt I'm more likely to be raised than called and if I'm raised I've probably lost.

My only thought against this was I probably would've been raised on the turn if he has the A.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

milesdyson 10-26-2005 11:51 PM

Re: checking this river correct?

no, not correct. decent-sized mistake, and that's really all there is to say.

RustyCJ 10-26-2005 11:52 PM

please explain why?

milesdyson 10-26-2005 11:53 PM

really?

because he will call this with K/Q high, a T, a 5, or a pocket pair, and he didn't c/r or bet the turn when the second ace fell, so he hardly ever has you beaten.

that explain it?

NateDog 10-26-2005 11:54 PM

You would have heard from and Ace earlier. That, plus the fact that the final board has 3 of them out there and you hold the second nuts. . . value bet.

ArturiusX 10-26-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the 2nd nuts???!

10-26-2005 11:55 PM

If opponent is typical and he as an ace I think he is c/r the turn like most of time. River is a an easy easy value bet.

RustyCJ 10-26-2005 11:57 PM

some things that might be obvious to you or others aren't so obvious to some of us "n00bs", I wouldn't be posting here and asking questions about my play if I knew all the reasoning behind it.

milesdyson 10-27-2005 12:01 AM

i have this notepad file i keep for times like this, let me cut and paste real quick.

I am sorry if what I said sounded demeaning. I did not mean to come off as a jackass or as if I thought your poker-playing ability was poor. Occasionally, I will say something that sounds bad, but I rarely mean to piss people off or make them feel sad. Usually, it is just the way of the internet - things are hard to say. Please be my friend.

NateDog 10-27-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some things that might be obvious to you or others aren't so obvious to some of us "n00bs", I wouldn't be posting here and asking questions about my play if I knew all the reasoning behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you put and Ace in the villain's hand when you were trying to figure out what he held? If the answer is 'no' then you should be betting. If the answer is 'yes' tell us why. If the answer is 'I wasn't thinking about what he had' then therein lies the problem.