Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hand reading exercise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378434)

gol4pro 11-14-2005 07:00 PM

Hand reading exercise

Hero is BB, effective stacks 30$. My stats are about 18/7/3

No read on MP.

5 way pot to the flop
Pot 2.5$
Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- Hero bets 2$, MP calls

Pot 6.5$
Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- Hero checks, MP bets 5$, Hero CR all in for 22 more

Hand ranges for hero, and hand ranges to call if you're MP. Also a read on MP.

I thought it was close, so thanks in advance.

beekeeper 11-14-2005 07:16 PM

Re: Hand reading exercise

I really think villain has spade draw without the Ace or a gut-shot straight draw. The turn missed him, and he's trying to either take down the pot now, or see where he stands (i.e., do you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or made hand).

TheWorstPlayer 11-14-2005 07:19 PM

MP has a weak king or a draw. Hero has a draw for sure. If I'm MP, I call with any pair. And most likely ace high, too. Call me a fish. But without a read, no way you check a made hand on that draw heavy board.

Mercman572 11-14-2005 07:20 PM

looks to me like 2 pair, set or j10 spades. I don't know what else plays this way. I don't think I'd lead J10 with 4 to act behind me tho, and I definitely wouldn't do that on the turn.

edit: maybe it isn't terrible to play j10s that way

11-14-2005 07:27 PM

That narrows it down.

I'd say 2 pair for hero....8's & 9's and KQ or KJ for the villain.

swolfe 11-14-2005 07:32 PM

Hero would have two-pair or greater here, or a strong semi-bluff, but that's not as likely. MP probably has KQ/KJ.

11-14-2005 07:33 PM

Some preflop information would be helpful too. Is hero a blind or an UTG limper?

Hero has a well played flush draw w/str8 outs or a poorly played set/2pair. I think villian has a hand like KQ-KT.

gol4pro 11-14-2005 07:47 PM

TWP... I'm amazed you call with any pair here.

I had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] this time

He had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and called.

I have 2pair or set here 80% of the time though. I'd play K8 EXACTLY the same way.

TheWorstPlayer 11-14-2005 08:02 PM

Very bad way to play a made hand without a read. His hand looks like it could be a draw on a very draw heavy board. You have no reason to expect a bet. So why would you check/raise?

kurto 11-14-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 2pair or set here 80% of the time though. I'd play K8 EXACTLY the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would give your opponent a free card on the turn with 2 pair? I find that hard to believe.