Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KQo flop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307197)

Emmitt2222 08-03-2005 09:49 PM

KQo flop decision

Not positive this is an interesting hand cus I'm a noob, but for me it was. As far as reads, everyone in the hand was rather loose 45-50vpip. The villian here is modestly aggro postflop, but doesn't get out of line often. He is capable of doing stuff like donkbetting with a draw HU and other such tricks, but I don't think he will do as much in a multiway pot.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero...

What is your plan for the rest of the hand?

bds 08-03-2005 09:58 PM

Re: KQo flop decision

I raise here to try to fold the SB and because I might be ahead. If 3 bet, I fold. On the turn, I bet if checked to and then check the river through unimproved. If further aggression shown in the hand, I fold unimproved.

JKDStudent 08-03-2005 10:00 PM

Raise. If 3-bet, call and see what the turn brings.

ghostface 08-03-2005 11:47 PM

Why would you fold to the 3-bet getting 13:1?

EDIT: 14:1

mr pink 08-04-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise here to try to fold the SB and because I might be ahead. If 3 bet, I fold. On the turn, I bet if checked to and then check the river through unimproved. If further aggression shown in the hand, I fold unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you're ahead here that often. certainly not enough to warrant a raise. why do you want to shut out the sb when you're likely drawing to 2 pair/trips? i don't get it. once he 3-bets, you have to call because you're getting like a ton to 1. you basically charge yourself 1.5 bbs to draw instead of .5.

i'd just call here and fold the turn UI if he leads again. is that off?

ghostface 08-04-2005 12:41 AM

Well the only hand you want the SB to fold is JT, and he can call profitably for one bet (with implied odds). Its close I guess but I think a raise is the best option that way you can get a free card somewhere hopefully.

Transference 08-04-2005 12:58 AM

I agree, we have a bettor and a caller ahead of you after your preflop raise in a big pot with an ace and a king on the board. Our read seems to indicate were are likely beat. I think were drawing here very often, I don't see value in a flop raise.

___1___ 08-04-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8 SB) 8, K, A (4 players)
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

In order:

1) Fold
2) Call (very borderline, but not horrible)
675) Raise

Raising is really sucks here...

___1___

iluzion 08-04-2005 01:07 AM

I raise or fold depending on read, with that kinda read, I would see it possible for villain to bet a King you are ahead of, so I raise. If 3bet, I'm seeing a turn, folding there unimproved, but betting if called on flop and checked to on turn.

baronzeus 08-04-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8 SB) 8, K, A (4 players)
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

In order:

1) Fold
2) Call (very borderline, but not horrible)
675) Raise

Raising is really sucks here...

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is folding even on your list? These donk bets mean nothing, and he's getting like 10:1