Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Do I need to pay this off?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407575)

jba 12-30-2005 02:43 AM

Do I need to pay this off??

villain is 40/13/1.3. no read that would indicate that he does or does not like to slowplay.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>

May I fold, please?

SSSH readers: I'm really sorry I had to lock such an interesting hand thread because of flaming. I've already conveyed my feelings on this thread to some of you by PM. There are several others of you that I greatly respect who in my opinion need to chill a little. It takes two to fight and next time I would appreciate it if you would consider whether the argument is really worth it.

To make up in some small way to OP for killing his hand I will offer my personal thoughts.

1. The PFR is fine but folding is also OK versus a 40/13.

2. I would never bet this flop.

3. Easy river bet. I might call the river but it's close. I always get suspicious when the river card has ruined several hands (A6/A5/65).

Happy New Year guys.
StellarWind

Monty Cantsin 12-30-2005 02:48 AM

Re: Do I need to pay this off??

It's ok with me.

/mc

morberg 12-30-2005 09:53 AM

I would call, but that's probably a leak of mine.

car ramrod 12-30-2005 12:41 PM

I would fold.

jba 12-30-2005 03:56 PM

thanks guys, I did in fact fold.

edit to add: afterwords it just seemed like such a great shot for someone to take a shot at me. however upon further thought I doubt many people think I can fold TP here.

TomBrooks 12-30-2005 06:52 PM

RIVER: I would fold.

PS: PREFLOP: I also fold A9o unless I'm first in from MP on which I raise.

mongoose51 12-30-2005 07:18 PM

I think this is a good fold, unless you have some read, or some reason to believe , that he would be taking a shot at you here. The way the hand is played it certainly looks like you have an A , so he probably expects you to call his chk raise.

On the flop I am not thrilled about A9 with a limper in front of me, particularly if the blinds are loose and will probably call.

Monty Cantsin 12-30-2005 07:19 PM

I frequently raise A9 after one limper. I would say more often than not.

/mc

Entity 12-30-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I frequently raise A9 after one limper. I would say more often than not.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

If by frequently you mean almost always, I would agree.

I like the river fold.

Rob

Womble 12-30-2005 08:22 PM

Why are we folding this river? I am confused here? His agression isnt abnormally low so he could have an ace. Is the 9 kicker the problem here? I need same reasoning since this may be a leak of mine.