Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   HU checkup (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403527)

BobboFitos 12-22-2005 03:53 PM

HU checkup

5-10, opponent is good but I obviously have an edge. I feel this opponent makes too many moves, as in our brief HU experience it seems villain never stops bluffing me. Which is surprising, as I am a calling machine.

Villain completes SB, I make it 35 total with JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (I have 1000, villain has more)

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (70)
I bet 40, Villain made it 150. plan for the hand? In the hand I called, turn was 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. How to proceed?

Little while later...
Villain has 1120ish, I have more. Im button/SB with K3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i make it 30, villain makes it 70. Im not sure what this means, I have alittle bit of history but I'm not reraised much. I call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (140)
Villain bets 110, I call.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (360)
Check / check.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (360)

Check I bet 250.

~~

Same villain, a few hands later, now Villain has me covered, I may be on tilt (it doesnt take much!) I have ~1100.

Im in BB with AKo, villain makes it 35, I make it 125. Villain calls.

Flop: T T 2r (250) I bet 140, Villain makes it 350 total.

Am I folding? Should I push? Call push turn? Call check call turn? My read is still villains main weakness is loving to put plays on me.

I called and checkraised all in on the turn. (it was 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) Eh?

edit - when i say i c/r all in, villain basically bet my stack, i just pushed the last little bit in. it wasnt like i had fold equity. jsut for clarification.

Big_Jim 12-22-2005 04:08 PM

Re: HU checkup

Hand 1: Pretty tough to fold TPGK HU on the flop. I think calling is fine. Leading most turns. Seems pretty unlikely that he has you beat here, with the possible exceptions of 66, 78 and 69, I think he comes in for a raise with most everything else you are behind. (but I don't know this guy). Another raise and you blow out anybody behind you, and folding seems bad vs. this guy.

Unfortunatly, the 9h ain't exactly a blank. I think I still lead and fold to a raise, though, as it may be a scare card for him, too.

Hand 2: PF is a little thin, but looks good, otherwise.

Hand 3: I would probably just let it go on the flop, but I may be too weak with AK. If you really think you have the best hand, here, your turn check/raise all in is good. I think you have little fold equity if he has any pocket pair, and none if he has a T, so moving in on the flop would just be spew.

The only thing I would worry about is that a play like this may prevent villian from making as many moves on you in the future. Then again, it might completely tilt him.

xorbie 12-22-2005 05:49 PM

hand 1: bet/fold

hand 2: i like all of it

hand 3: push or fold on the flop i think, the problem with letting him push you in is that even if he has no pair he still wins like 25% of the time by the river

BobboFitos 12-23-2005 07:35 AM

everyone hates my hands:(

guess non interesting then, interesting both people would play hand 1 differently.

I check called the turn,river was a blank, check called an all in, lost to 96. I hate making these stands and try to avoid them, but I didnt feel this was a good card for a stop & go. (because it would help villains hand range) I thought there was enough chance villain had bottom pair or busted gut or oesd to warrant calling down. (once i called the turn I wascalling the river unless a straight card hit)

Hand 2 villain had KJo, very strangely played. I still like my VB, just the whole handwas weird. As for pf, im not folding to the reraise, as I raise almost every hand HU and K3s is pretty good.

Hand 3 I lost to T8 and then quit the session. not my best day, but its why I needed a checkup.

aggie 12-23-2005 09:47 AM

as you know, variance in heads up is brutal....Especially against tricky/bluff heavy opponents. FWIW before i read how you played the hands i thought i would just check-call down hand one (if villian bluffs as often as you say). I didn't want to post that because i was ashamed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...