Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Help me transition from NL.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408059)

JKratzer 12-31-2005 12:46 AM

Help me transition from NL....

Ok, I am a mid-stakes NL player (1/2-3/6) and I play full tables. I am trying to broaden my game and have recently started playing shorthanded limit. I've started out at 2/4 and 3/6 and am properly rolled for above that. Before I start posting specific hands I want to get some feedback on some general areas that I'm not sure of. I'm sure I have some substantial leaks in my game here, feel free to be brutal.

I feel that I play fairly LAG, more so than my opponents at least. Probably too much I suspect because after a while I get called down by bottom pair.

Here's some of the things I generally do, I of course adjust against players when I get reads. I think some if not all of these are leaks, I would like to know bad each one is, and what specific adjustments you would recommend.

1. Everyone folds me to on the button, I raise with a very broad range of hands, otherwise fold.

2. If I'm the raiser I continuation bet ~95% against 1,2 or 3 callers, regardless of whether or not I hit anything (or had anything to start with).

3. I'll call one more bet from the big blind with about 80% of my hands, assuming at least one other person called the raise. I'm tighter from the sb.

4. I'll raise on the flop with top pair any kicker in position.

5. I almost never fold overpairs.

6. I call flop bets with bottom or middle pair if I'm getting better than 5:1 (I don't think the bet necessarily always means top pair).

In the transition from NL the biggest change I see is that draws are always cheap (relatively) so I find myself justifying calls where normally I'd fold. The pot odds are irresitble. I think that's the underlying theme to the above points I listed. Am I way off or just a little? Thanks in advance for the help.

JKratzer

P.S. Here's my PT stats, for whatever they're worth after 1800 hands. VPIP - 38. Folded SB to steal - 81. Folded BB to steal - 29. Att. to steal blinds - 49. Won $ WSF% - 46. Went to SD% - 30. Won $@SD 53. PFR - 20.
Edited to add that these stats are mostly 6 handed, but I don't leave the table when it drops, so it's a little 5,4,3 and heads-up play mixed in. But mostly 6 handed.

Shilly 12-31-2005 12:49 AM

Re: Help me transition from NL....

If you get a mod to move this to the SH forum, you might get some better answers.

JKratzer 12-31-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get a mod to move this to the SH forum, you might get some better answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, I didn't even see that on the list when I posted this....

uh, mod, please do what he said.

JKratzer 12-31-2005 02:11 PM

bump, give me something to start with guys and the posts will become more specific and interesting.

jt1 12-31-2005 02:21 PM

You should post hands that deal specifically with some of these concerns: Post the next hand where you c-bet with 3 players still in, where you call in the bb with a bottom 30% hand and the post flop action is interesting, where you make a marginal call with middle pair.