Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Playalong time: Play my opponent's hand... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286761)

aK13 07-05-2005 05:19 PM

Playalong time: Play my opponent\'s hand...

Party 5/10 6max

You are the CO.

Reads:
1. Button is unknown.
2. SB is a very loose (70% VPIP), very passive straightforward player (only bets 2pair or better, raises PF with the most premium hands, doesn't bet draws, doesn't semibluff/bluff, doesn't slowplay, doesn't 3bet/cap w/o nuts) He is the reason I am playing 5/10.
3. I am in the BB. I have TAG 6max stats (23.5/13.5/2.2). I am aware of SB's tendencies. Also assume that I am playing very ABC poker (not getting tricky).

UTG folds, MP folds, you look down at T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . Your action?

Greg J 07-05-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Playalong time: Play my opponent\'s hand...

I raise and giggle like a naughty schoolgirl.

turaho 07-05-2005 05:36 PM

Fold preflop.

Well, that was easy.

(Kidding. Open-limping in 6max is criminal, and you've got a decent hand, so I'd raise it up. Odds are the SB will call with a weaker hand considering his VP$IP and that lucky guy in the BB probably thinks he'll be able to outplay both of you and will call, too.)

gharp 07-05-2005 05:40 PM

Against a loose player I'd probably want more to steal with, but against a SB who's that poor and predictable, I think that'd be a good hand to play. So I'd raise it up and hope to see SB call and the button and that tight SOB in the BB fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MrWookie47 07-05-2005 05:42 PM

This is borderline for me. I'd be more inclined to raise it up if SB was tight. Since I figure he'll call, you're likely to call, too, so playing this hand for fold equity is going to be shaky. I don't mind playing against the SB, but I'd rather not play against you. I'd open raise on the button for sure, but being in the CO with a couple unfavorables, I'm leaning towards a fold. However, for the sake of continuing this discussion, I'll say raise, because open limping is terrible.

Edit: For this post, and this post only, I think my designation should be changed from veteran to ]-[4><0|2, but then back to veteran for my next post.

McGahee 07-05-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: For this post, and this post only, I think my designation should be changed from veteran to ]-[4><0|2, but then back to veteran for my next post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what that means, but for some reason I'm inclined to agree.

bozlax 07-05-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
]-[4><0|2

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

skoal2k4 07-05-2005 05:52 PM

]-[4><0|2 = Haxor ? I don't understand?

bozlax 07-05-2005 05:55 PM

I raise, flop 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and laaaaaaaauuuuuuugh!

But, seriously. I raise because it's a playable hand with nobody in the pot, yet, and open-limping is for old ladies playing full-ring. I would expect SB and the crazy biotch in BB to defend, an am wondering how button will react.

bozlax 07-05-2005 05:58 PM

You made more progress than I did...I'm still trying to figure out how to subtract [ from ].