Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TPGK against a 2+2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374206)

Octopus 11-08-2005 10:53 AM

TPGK against a 2+2er

Villain here is an occassional poster. He is a little tight pre-flop and a little passive post-flop, by 2+2 standards (about 15/9/1.9), but he definitely has his moments. In particular, against me he *may* be trickier than normal. We have played together frequently recently.

Party 2/4, 9 handed.

I open raise in UTG+1 with KJs. It is folded to villain on the button who 3-bets. The blinds fold and I call.

Flop is J82 two suits, none of my suit. I bet and villain raises. I call.

Turn is another 8. I check and villain bets. I call.

River is an offsuit 10 and I bet, planning to (grudgingly) call a raise.

@bsolute_luck 11-08-2005 10:58 AM

Re: TPGK against a 2+2er

you think he's betting that turn with UI overcards or 99?

i would have thought you bet that flop with the intention of either 3-betting or donking or c/r most turn cards?

QTip 11-08-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain here is an occassional poster. He is a little tight pre-flop and a little passive post-flop, by 2+2 standards (about 15/9/1.9), but he definitely has his moments. In particular, against me he *may* be trickier than normal. We have played together frequently recently.

Party 2/4, 9 handed.

I open raise in UTG+1 with KJs. It is folded to villain on the button who 3-bets. The blinds fold and I call.

Flop is J82 two suits, none of my suit. I bet and villain raises. I call.

Turn is another 8. I check and villain bets. I call.

River is an offsuit 10 and I bet, planning to (grudgingly) call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine. I especially don't mind the turn check since you have the K as a kicker.

lufbradolly 11-08-2005 11:16 AM

I'd checkraise the flop then if he 3 bets i would then go into call down mode.

MikeSmith 11-08-2005 11:52 AM

What does ed miller say to reraise with against a raise preflop from his position in SSH?

Octopus 11-08-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does ed miller say to reraise with against a raise preflop from his position in SSH?

[/ QUOTE ]
AA-TT, AKs and AK.

SenecaJim 11-08-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
AA-TT, AKs and AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

THis is true. But if he knows you are a 2+2'er, and I assume he does since you know he is one, then he knows that you know that he knows those are the reraising hands. So, against a 2+2er who knows you are as well, I think chicanery should be considered here as well..IMHO