Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Phil Helmuth Playing Triple Draw on UB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=157512)

ace_in_the_hole 12-05-2004 03:40 AM

Phil Helmuth Playing Triple Draw on UB

Phil Helmuth is currently playing 80/160 triple draw on Ultimtae Bet appears to be down 2k.

Aceshigh7 12-05-2004 03:54 AM

Re: Phil Helmuth Playing Triple Draw on UB

I saw him win 19k in about an hour, playing shorthanded 80/160 hold em last night. Amazing rush.

Durs522 12-05-2004 04:09 AM

He already got pissed off and left the game. Pretty funny to watch.

The T.A. 12-05-2004 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Helmuth is currently playing 80/160 triple draw on Ultimtae Bet appears to be down 2k.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a good chance it isn't Phil Hellmuth playing...

AngryCola 12-05-2004 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that? His name on UB is pretty obvious, unless you mean someone else is playing on his account.

I've seen hellmuth playing triple draw many times.

B1GF1SHY 12-05-2004 07:24 AM

There was an article brought up online somewhere which stated that Phil Hellmuth was playing online in a game when at the same time Phil Hellmuth was making a public appearance. When questioned later on he stated that he was playing with friends in the car/limo and they continued to play for a bit on his name while he made the appearance. It might have just be an excuse and he may have people play for him to attract players to play at UB. At least that's what some people think.

Russ McGinley 12-05-2004 07:32 AM

I was watching and if it was not Phil, then the person playing under Phil's account nailed his table image perfectly. Also cheers to Russ Hamilton for needling Phil for a 200/400 HU O8 game to which Phil balked on. Also Phil's departure was funny and Russ' response to Phil's whining about losing with 24567: "Play better". I think Phil left with about $7k and I'm guessing he started with $10k.

PhilHellmuth: **** this

The T.A. 12-06-2004 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that? His name on UB is pretty obvious, unless you mean someone else is playing on his account.

I've seen hellmuth playing triple draw many times.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a well-known incident where Hellmuth was signing books at Barnes & Noble, while also playing under his UB username.

Now, I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure there's only one Phil Hellmuth Jr., professional poker player.

phage 12-06-2004 03:51 PM

I was watching him play @ UB when this incident was brought up. He apologized repeatedly for letting someone play under his name...And then went on to plug one of his upcoming book signing appearances in NYC. For what it is worth he did seem genuinely apologetic.

Daliman 12-06-2004 05:25 PM

Yeah, he took about 7k of that off a freind of mine after I told him he should go play Phil HU.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Under normal circumstances, I'd take my friends game HU and 3-4 handed over Phil's, but phil just went on a gigantic rush, winning about 15k of that toal in about 45 minutes, 3 times going runner runner to beat my freinds flopped set and once for a straight.