Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Here's a Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402475)

Jeffage 12-21-2005 12:28 AM

Here\'s a Hand

10-20 six max. I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in SB. One limper in EP (loose), button raises, I reraise, BB coldcalls (he is loose), limper calls, button calls. Four to the flop of 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, BB raises, limper coldalls, button folds, I call. The turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, BB raises, limper folds and I call. The river is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I check-call the BB's bet. How'd I do?

Jeff

BigEndian 12-21-2005 12:53 AM

Re: Here\'s a Hand

I would have 3-bet the flop and lead from there. Why the stop and go on such a crappy board?

- Jim

SGS 12-21-2005 01:00 AM

I think I fold the river, unless BB is known to be loose aggressive, not just loose.

SGS

sfer 12-21-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet the flop and lead from there. Why the stop and go on such a crappy board?

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcards and a chance to see the action ahead if another diamond falls on the turn. Our equity changes a lot when the turn card hits the board.

Jeff, I play it the same.

Jeffage 12-21-2005 01:24 AM

Don't you think if he played something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] btf, he will bet the river if checked to? He would probably also raise turn. Just curious...I'm not sure I can fold here. But I agree, it seems like I should be beaten alot. I'm getting 14-1 to pay if off though.

Jeff

SGS 12-21-2005 01:26 AM

Don't u lose to Ad8c? Isn't the final board 10,8,8,6,4 (three daimonds)?

Jeffage 12-21-2005 01:31 AM

Yes. Yes I do. I'm tired...sorry. But, you see what I'm saying here...if he has some pair/A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] combo, he may play it like this. Or even just the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] if he's messing around. I'm not saying it's likely but at 14-1, I think I'm going to have to look him up.

Jeff

SGS 12-21-2005 01:40 AM

I can see an agressive player playing a hand that way. I guess if I know the player to be aggressive then I am calling down, if he is unknow to me I am calling down, but if I just see him as loose, than I will probably let it go.

SGS

Riverman 12-21-2005 02:26 AM

I think you did eactly what I would have done.

SteveL91 12-21-2005 04:33 AM

Given that the limper and BB are loose, would there be any merit in just calling PF with the intention of C/Ring a favorable flop?