Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   First MTT post. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309242)

kongo_totte 08-06-2005 05:18 PM

First MTT post.

This is a 15 person MTT NLHE Freezeout. Everyone started with 5k in chips. It's 5 players and the first 4 places pay.

Blinds are 1k/2k with a 200 ante. UTG and CO are big stacks with about 25k each. Button has about 7k. I have 5k in SB and BB has 4.5k. (Stacks aren't precise, but before the hand I cover BB but if I fold in SB he'll cover me). BB is very very tight and very very passive. He only raises AA-QQ and Ak even when 4-handed. He is the typical survivor. I fear if I let him cover me after this hand, he'll just check-fold till I'm out.

Pre-flop (pot is 3.1k with blinds antes)
It's folded to me with T 9o. I push.

Standard? As I said, villian is very tight.

CardSharpCook 08-06-2005 05:23 PM

Re: First MTT post.

he should shoot himself if he folds here. But you move is right on given your read. And it is real close if he is a normal player too.

Danny H. 08-06-2005 05:29 PM

I'd say a bad play, if he is decent at all he will realize he just put in almost half his stack and will be getting 3:1 pot odds on the money there. I'd call and if you hit something you can bet and hope his pot commentment will force him to call. If he calls, then you know you are beat. If he raises then you know you are beat and should get out. I don't think you could bluff most people out of this pot and I know I would call with ANYTHING.

kongo_totte 08-06-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say a bad play, if he is decent at all he will realize he just put in almost half his stack and will be getting 3:1 pot odds on the money there. I'd call and if you hit something you can bet and hope his pot commentment will force him to call. If he calls, then you know you are beat. If he raises then you know you are beat and should get out. I don't think you could bluff most people out of this pot and I know I would call with ANYTHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, can I really call here? Pot will be 4k and he'll have like 4 left. There are definately some hands he'll fold here. And even if he raises can I really fold getting 1:3. If I open limp here, he might raise with lesser hand than I mentioned in OP.

TomHimself 08-06-2005 07:27 PM

danny some of your advice makes no sense! i would push

Shilly 08-06-2005 07:43 PM

Would anyone just call and push the flop to gain a little extra fold equity?

ClaytonN 08-06-2005 07:57 PM

If villain is tight, then I like the push.

kongo_totte 08-06-2005 09:31 PM

Results and funny anecdote

He called and showed K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. We put our cards face up on table. The button turns over a flop with a J. I weap. The turn rags. The river comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He cheers over his rivered top 2 and I'm about to shake his hand when I realize there are 2 K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I lift up my cards and they are red on the back, however, the board cards are blue.

It turns out button had gotten so excited he was about to make it to the money he accidently dealt with the wrong deck (we have to different decks to make play faster).

I get a second chance and flop trip 9s and MHIG.