Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   "hey can i get your screenname?" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357828)

tbach24 10-14-2005 06:53 PM

\"hey can i get your screenname?\"

I haven't yet said this. It seems so wrong. I have a number of friends at school, most of whom are day students (I'm a boarder) and I see most of the day from 8-4. The only time I'm really in my room is from 6-10 and most of that is spent doing homework (8-10 is mandatory homework). Yet it feels like I'm missing something. I don't have any of my "friends" (to tell the truth with 1 being acquantince and 10 being true friend, they're mostly in the 6-8 range) screen names or phone numbers. There's never really the oppurtunity for it. And it seems so odd.

With girls, since it's high school and I see most of them every day and have time to talk during the day I don't wanna be like "can i get your number?" because that would be direct hitting on them and possibly make girls that I'll see 5x+ days per week for the next 2 years feel awkward around me.

The whole AIM thing seems harmless yet I can't bring myself to do it. Also, I found out I'm pretty funny (I would've never thought so) but I don't think it's because what I say is funny, but my delivery is solid. I'm not sure. So I think a bit of my charm would be lost online, which is probably true for most things.

Yeah, so that's it basically. I'll probably be here for further questioning.

manpower 10-14-2005 07:13 PM

Re: \"hey can i get your screenname?\"

Invite a few out to a movie, diner, bowling, or whatever else it is people are doing for fun. Phone numbers and screennames will ensue.

Malachii 10-14-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"can i get your number?" because that would be direct hitting on them

[/ QUOTE ]
And you certainly wouldn't want to do that, now would you?

Bradyams 10-14-2005 07:16 PM

Is it wierd that I don't have a screen name? I hate instant messaging.

mason55 10-14-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it wierd that I don't have a screen name? I hate instant messaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You don't watch TV either?

scotty34 10-14-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you remember high school?

bravos1 10-14-2005 07:22 PM

Just volunteer to take them to a cool party. Tell them you'll pick'em up at their house. You'll obviously need their # to inform them that you are coming to pick them up.

You'll end up with their phone #, house address, and a good BJ if your smooth about it!

tbach24 10-14-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I directly hit on them it might make things awkward. In the real world, where you might not see a person too much, or on a 5k person campus making things awkward with one girl is fine, but in a 500 person high school (high schools are cliquey remember) it wouldn't be good. I still do hit on girls, but I always make them feel comfortable when doing so. That's not really my problem.

I liked the whole "hang out with a few, get numbers/sn's later plan". Good thinking.

[censored] 10-14-2005 07:25 PM

tbach

start with getting their email address. work on exchanging a few emails and establish a basic level of communication. once that is accomplished just drop in asking for their screen name. It should and will seem like the natural progression.

on another note, I don't think going the email/chat direction is the best method for starting something but if it is the route you take the above is how I would do it.

BobboFitos 10-14-2005 07:30 PM

teddy, pull da trig nig