Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Crazy man on Party 100 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=213015)

theWhale 03-14-2005 02:26 PM

Crazy man on Party 100

I was playing the party $100 last night and admittedly not giving it my full attention. This one guy had almost 200 when I sat down and I just about doubled thru him with a set. The very next hand he got all in post flop a huge dog with QQ overpair vs small set and hit his Q on the river.

Anyway I wasnt paying too much attention to him but he was in alot of pots and I noticed he had a tendancy to raise huge out of the blinds when it limped. He would pop it to $10 almost every time when limped to him. Anyway I am sitting around 175 when this hand comes up(I dont have the log right now):

I have AK in mp and limp behind some other limpers. He is on the button and makes it 10 and I just call(dumb). Anyway flop comes down AJ rag and I check to him and he goes all in!!!??? He has me covered by a large amount. I think and think and somehow come up with a fold here. I just played a live game where this maniac started going all in every time he hit 2 pair or whatever and I really needed a win at the $100 level.

I know that he probably had bottom pair or some nonsense. Am I at at too big of a buyin if I think about money here?

EDIT: BTW I did the very same thing one round later with QQ and he repeated his $10 crap, he checked it down with a naked A9(king on flop) then bluffed off $15 or so on the river.

zaxx19 03-14-2005 02:36 PM

Re: Crazy man on Party 100

You were waiting ...plotting....and planning to CALL preflop with a very strong hand?> One that usually whiffs on flops? I dont get it.

And with QQ you shoulda reraised to 30 anyway in the next hand.

Im befuddled by your play... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

schwza 03-14-2005 02:37 PM

yeah, it sounds like your playing too high. so you had ~200 when this hand came up? had you seen villain making other weird post-flop pushes?

if this is his first one and he has been playing relatively normally post-flop, i think it's a fold. my sense is that he's nuts and you should call.

Kaz The Original 03-14-2005 02:41 PM

If that was the first time he pushed on the flop, this is a clear fold. My bet is he's crazy... crazy like a fox.

sourbeaver 03-14-2005 02:44 PM

I must be krazy but against that kind of opponent I'd call in just about a heartbeat .. !!

theWhale 03-14-2005 03:41 PM

I was playing a game at the same time and not paying enough attention. If I had seen him do something similar before I might have called. I was playing to trap with a huge hand mostly. I was certainly going to check raise him there to 50 or so but that bet was just too wild.

AK is a HUGE hole in my game. I need to work on it a ton.

grouchie 03-14-2005 06:36 PM

you need to pay more attention so you can recognize times when your money should go in the middle and when it shouldn't.

ryanghall 03-14-2005 06:43 PM

I would begin by raising it 4-5x BB. Limping AK in MP is not ideal.

Ryan