Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   QQ preflop problems (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399606)

ahnuld 12-16-2005 11:57 AM

QQ preflop problems

400nl on prima. I have around 380, villan 1 has me covered, and villan 2 has 300. Villan 1 is unremarkable, probably a little donkish. Villan 2 is pretty bad, a bit of a calling station.

Anyways, I raise QQ UTG to 16. sb makes it 30. This small a raise is probably AK but it could be anything. Iv had people do that with A7 offsuit at this table. His range is still more open than you would expect. BB flat calls. This is the donkish guy who calls way too much.

I dont want to take the flop 3 handed, so I make it 100 to go. (good, bad, or ugly). sb flat calls, ok, now he almost surely has AK. Now the donkish BB goes allin for about 290 total, 190 more to call. I..

Ghazban 12-16-2005 12:05 PM

Re: QQ preflop problems

Push. I believe AA or KK would've put in a raise sooner.

ahnuld 12-16-2005 02:58 PM

Bump, this really cant be that easy a decision.

Ghazban 12-16-2005 03:28 PM

Which one is villain 1 and which one is villain 2?

Leptyne 12-16-2005 03:40 PM

I like your flop raise. From your description of the two donks in the blinds this smells donkish on the part of the BB. How can this calling station flat call the raise from the SB with AA or KK? Clearly there is not a reason to fold anywhere in your description. All you can do is push.

kurto 12-16-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to take the flop 3 handed, so I make it 100 to go. (good, bad, or ugly). sb flat calls, ok, now he almost surely has AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious why you think this? He could just as likely have KK or AA and be doing the donk slowplay?

ahnuld 12-16-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to take the flop 3 handed, so I make it 100 to go. (good, bad, or ugly). sb flat calls, ok, now he almost surely has AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious why you think this? He could just as likely have KK or AA and be doing the donk slowplay?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldnt be that donkish to just call, infact heads up he should just flat call with AA KK becuase if he pushes, its easy for me to dump my queens. Bad as he is, I expect him to push AA KK there, and not be good enough to slowplay. Hence I put him on AK.

Big_Jim 12-16-2005 06:05 PM

Go all in.

Sounds like you think Villian 1 could have a fairly wide range here and Villian 2 probably thinks you're FOS.

If he actually made that flat call of the 30 in that spot with AA/KK... god bless him.

ahnuld 12-16-2005 09:16 PM

Results

You guys forgot to suggest call and spike a Q on the flop.
I called (which is basically allin) and the sb called also. Flop comes Qxx. sb checks, I bet allin 67 into 850 pot, and sb folds (hence he must have AK). the BB donk actually had KK but wtv, MHIG

12-16-2005 10:01 PM

FWIW I've had QQ and got my stack in 3 times pre-flop in the last month (against another full stack), and I've always been up against AA/KK.

I don't reckon it's possible to hand-read well enough pre-flop (even with quite a few rounds of action like here) to identify the few cases where you're not behind here...

If BB had been shorter (200 say), it would have been different.