Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Are you called a fish? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406513)

Karak567 12-28-2005 01:17 PM

Re: Are you called a fish?

[ QUOTE ]
this is the stuff i'm talking about.. why would you take the time to educate this person and everyone else at the table that you were ahead on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kept quiet for a long time, but they constantly were berating me so I decided to get under their skin, I find it is a way to get people "gunning" for you which I believe is VERY +EV.

I also sometimes tell people hearts are the suit most likely to hit a flop that's why I always play suited hearts no matter what.

*shrug*

scdavis0 12-28-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also sometimes tell people hearts are the suit most likely to hit a flop that's why I always play suited hearts no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have this imposter fish thing down to an art form. If you said such things at my table I'd make a note that said FISH and give you unlimited action!

scdavis0 12-28-2005 01:24 PM

In all seriousness good gamblers invite people to gamble with them in +EV situations over many years by being honest, friendly, affable and minding their tongue.

Morrek 12-28-2005 01:26 PM

Pretty much everytime I push allin with a draw I get called a fish. Especially funny once when I pushed allin with AQo on Qxx(all same suit as my A) just because I thought I had him, he flips over a flopped flush, and turn comes A, river Q. Man 2 people were all over me the rest of the night, I loved it.

Karak567 12-28-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness good gamblers invite people to gamble with them in +EV situations over many years by being honest, friendly, affable and minding their tongue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am only stupid if someone is being indignant, rude or cursing at me.

ticks 12-28-2005 01:50 PM

I thought it was just me.
I never understood why people hated me,
ganging up, telling eachother to "take him out".

+EV though

-Skeme- 12-28-2005 02:00 PM

I got called a fish for calling 3xBB with 22, lol.

BobboFitos 12-28-2005 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got called a fish for calling 3xBB with 22, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're supposed to reraise w/ 22, obv. GOTTA PUT MONEY WHEN 2s ARE STILL THE BEST HAND!!11!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-28-2005 02:31 PM

I'm guilty of both. Not only do I sometimes get called a fish, though not as much, I do the pointing as well. I try not to, I swear, but some people just anoy me to no ends. They hit suckout after suckout and think they are playing great. My favorite is to call someone a "Fishtard". I know its bad etiquette and all and I have cut back a lot and keep my comments to myself, but sometimes I just can't resist.

-Skeme- 12-28-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're supposed to reraise w/ 22, obv. GOTTA PUT MONEY WHEN 2s ARE STILL THE BEST HAND!!11!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Rob, I'm impressed. This is such a step up from your normal response of "raise pf." Holla.