Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OESFD and LOTS of action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384014)

runnerunner 11-23-2005 01:15 PM

OESFD and LOTS of action

This hand has been killing me thinking about the correct line. Live $1-$2 game that has been running for several hours and is pretty deep. Players are all decent and relatively agressive. Hero is viewed as TAG. UTG+1 raise to $8. 3 callers. Hero ($650) calls in BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop ($41) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero leads for $35. 1 fold, MP ($700) and CO ($650) both call and button moves all-in for $120 total. Pot is now $266. MP is very aggressive and has been running hot. CO is a tough thinking player. Button is also relatively solid but is stuck and will make moves.

Hero's action?

11-23-2005 01:18 PM

Re: OESFD and LOTS of action

Call. You dont want to run anybody out of the pot with an OESFD. Hopefully you're the only one drawing to [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s. This isn't the spot to raise unless you think you might get two all in callers, IMO. You're +ev in this spot in a multiway, so let em stay in and hope you catch the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Tex

thabadguy 11-23-2005 01:43 PM

Dude, i would shove here to clean out my flush outs, i dont like calling here, some1 could easily have bigger diamonds.

hit_the_set 11-23-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, i would shove here to clean out my flush outs, i dont like calling here, some1 could easily have bigger diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

durrrr 11-23-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would shove here to clean out my flush outs

[/ QUOTE ]

11-23-2005 03:19 PM

I understand your point. My thinking is that the guy who shoves all in here has the nut diamonds a decent amount of the time when he makes this move. My line of thinking is that if you assume that someone else has a diamond draw, then you are drawing to seven outs to make your flush, two of which make you a straight flush. Further, if the all-in man did make a move here with the nut diamond draw, you're effectively drawing at 5 remaining diamonds, and assuming all of your straight flush diamonds are live, 2 out of 5 remaining diamonds would make you the pure nuts. I know there are flaws in this logic, but I'm not to the point where I can give this arguement without flaws in my logic. Also, with an OESFD, you have so much equity in most spots that you dont want to run anyone out.

I generally view these rare flops to suited connectors as money in the bank, as there is no hand other than a set that you are a reasonable underdog to. Therefore, I prefer to play them with as many opponents as I can, maximizing the value of my draw.

Tex

Riverman 11-23-2005 03:30 PM

If these guys really are good, they will read an all in for exactly what it is, a huge draw. That said, you are a favorite over pretty much everything and calling leaves few good options on later streets. Plus you may fold a bigger flush draw, which is a very good thing.

yvesaint 11-23-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

runnerunner 11-23-2005 04:24 PM

Results

Results:

I pushed pretty quickly after the raise. MP agonizes and calls, CO agonizes even longer and folds A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] face up. He said he didn't want to call off $600 on a draw. MP flips over a set of eights. I have no idea why he didn't raise the flop as he will do this 9 times out of 10 in this spot. Turn was an offsuit 7 and the river bricked. Button mucked without showing. MHIG. I think that the CO made a huge mistake laying down the nut flush draw. I was posting because altough I won the pot, if the CO had called I would have been drawing to 7 outs, and there would have been redraws even if I hit. (unless I hit the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

I am glad that the consensus was to move in. Thanks for all of the feedback.

creedofhubris 11-23-2005 08:51 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the CO made a huge mistake laying down the nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are incorrect.