Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $22: hand w/ post flop play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403499)

45suited 12-23-2005 01:00 AM

RESULTS

Okay, so the consenus seems to be that my pre-flop limp and flop bet were okay, but my turn bet sucked. My thinking was that on a 22, I'm getting called on the flop by middle pair, bottom pair, overs, a flush draw, etc enough that I would bet the scare card anyway and see how my opponents responded. Anyway, here's the results after I folded to the turn raise + call:

Seat 1: SNT51 ( $800 )
Seat 2: Atlashrug ( $800 )
Seat 4: drewdawggg ( $2475 )
Seat 8: busdecks ( $725 )
Seat 10: MarinerDaddy ( $800 )
Seat 5: BOCTOK_RU ( $800 )
Seat 6: HERO ( $800 )
Seat 3: bliztkrieg ( $800 )

Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Jd Td ]
SNT51 folds.
Atlashrug folds.
bliztkrieg folds.
drewdawggg folds.
BOCTOK_RU folds.
HERO calls [15].
busdecks calls [5].
MarinerDaddy checks.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6c, Jc, 8s ]
busdecks checks.
MarinerDaddy checks.
HERO bets [40].
busdecks calls [40].
MarinerDaddy calls [40].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
busdecks checks.
MarinerDaddy checks.
HERO bets [125].
busdecks raises [250].
MarinerDaddy calls [250].
HERO folds.

** Dealing River ** [ Js ]
busdecks is all-In [420]
MarinerDaddy calls [420].
busdecks shows [ Qd, Th ] a straight, eight to queen.
MarinerDaddy shows [ 9h, 9s ] a full house, Nines full of jacks.
MarinerDaddy wins 1630 chips from the main pot with a full house, Nines full of jacks.

12-23-2005 02:04 AM

Re: RESULTS

DISCLAIMER: I'm not exactly killing the $22s. I've only played a couple hundred and am at 6% ROI. With that grain of salt....

Preflop: I don't see any wrong option here. IMHO, folding, limping, and raising all have merit.

Flop: Don't forget that tight/WEAK is generally the way to go early on here. I would favor checking even though we have top pair. The pot is so small, you won't take donks off with a bet here. It's not like most of these guys are sitting there calculating outs and pot odds. They are figuring, "what's another $40 to see if I make my straight and smack this mutha" or "what's another $40 with my pocket 9s that are so pretty I can't let them go even though I strongly suspect this dude has a J."

So in your position I play like a wet noodle and check behind even on the flop (sometimes I bet out, admittedly). Again I don't think it's wrong to check, and I don't think it's wrong to value bet.

At the turn I think checking behind is clearly the play. Time to get to the showdown as cheaply as possible. When busdecks moves all-in I hope I somehow have the courage to lay down my trips and move another hand closer to the bubble while still having t735.