Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QQ from the BB, no action, then tons of action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269983)

People_Mover 06-10-2005 10:41 AM

QQ from the BB, no action, then tons of action

Party 25NL The is my first rotation at the table, so no real reads.

I'm dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. There are 6 limpers and I pop it to $2.50 to narrow the field. Seat 1, reraises it to 7.00, 2 callers, 2 fold, to me. I push $19.00. Is this the correct play and hope for a race or a racer folds? All 3 others push as well for a pot of $80+.

Results to follow.

swolfe 06-10-2005 10:47 AM

Re: QQ from the BB, no action, then tons of action

what's your read of the limp-reraiser?

with the 2 other callers, i'd call and hope to hit a set. pushing isn't horrible if the limp-reraiser makes this play with more than just AA/KK (which i doubt).

Slick14170 06-10-2005 10:48 AM

Does not seem like the right play to me. If the guy in first position is reraising you $7 and you are not familiar with any of the players i would consider folding and depending on your stack size just call the bet to see if all rags come. There's a slight chance they all could be sharing face cards but I would have to put guy in first position on KK or AA.

fuzzbox 06-10-2005 10:55 AM

A 10x preflop raise will narrow the field alright !!

Open push is better :-), then you dont have to worry about any hard decisions on an A-high flop after 4 callers.

People_Mover 06-10-2005 11:02 AM

I'll give you a hint.... after a 8 K 2 flop, I felt [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but then again, there are 2 more cards to come

fuzzbox 06-10-2005 11:08 AM

I recall open pushing QQ when I played at the 25s. I got two callers, and the cards came down AK842 no flush. I was surely defeated, yet the pot was strangely pushed in my direction.

The callers had 99 and 55 respectively.

I like open pushing.

kyro 06-10-2005 11:34 AM

At the PP $25 this is a good push, from my experience.

kyro 06-10-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's your read of the limp-reraiser?

with the 2 other callers, i'd call and hope to hit a set. pushing isn't horrible if the limp-reraiser makes this play with more than just AA/KK (which i doubt).

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite quote: "You vastly overestimate the intelligence of your opponents"

I've seen limp reraises with Axs before.