Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Playing tens in the hole... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304062)

josh3336 07-30-2005 05:16 PM

Playing tens in the hole...

I ust got done playing this this hand and I was wondering if I should have played it differently through any of the streets or bet the river. The villian was in every hand and raising almost every pot. We each had about 30.00 in chips. I was planning on just playing it for a set but the flop came out all unders.
Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop:
Player 3 folds
Player 4 folds
Villian calls
Player 5 folds
Player 6 calls
Player 7 calls
Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls.
<font color="#666666"></font>], SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks
Villian bets 1.00
Player 6 calls
Player 7 calls
Hero calls
BB folds
Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Villian checks
Player 6 checks
Player 7 checks
Hero bets 3.00
Villian calls
Player 6 folds
Player 7 folds

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero checks.

WildDan 07-30-2005 07:14 PM

Re: Playing tens in the hole...

I'm raising TT on the button, especially against a mid position limper and the blinds. I also feel the flop was played pretty passively. I'm not going to elimate a 67s as a possible hand from a limper, so I'd raise the flop to see where I stood.

Voltron87 07-30-2005 07:34 PM

raise preflop

other than that your line looks fine

07-30-2005 07:42 PM

I definitely think you played this too passively preflop and on the flop.

what are the blinds?

josh3336 07-30-2005 07:54 PM

.10-.25 c. Yea I agree i guess I did play it too passively I just figured if I raised preflop everyone would come along for the ride...

davekngs 07-30-2005 08:29 PM

if you are playing 25NL and the pot hasnt been opened when it reaches you on the button im gonna raise it to $1 preflop. this flop is perfect so I would raise the $1 bet from middle position to $3 (i think i probably have the best hand but I also want to find out if im behind right now rather than later) If I got called the turn would be perfect and I would make another bet so I didnt show weakness but I wouldnt go mad (i would bet about $5) if I got called now im checking the river unless another 10 hits but I wouldnt neccessarily think im behind, i would just think its possible he has made a snidy 2 pair or more likely a set given a limp call PF which often means a low PP. I think limping preflop is a mistake but not a huge one, the main problem was how passively you played it on the flop

AgentBishop 07-30-2005 11:36 PM

Raise preflop
Raise flop
Raise turn
check river

Thats my line.

josh3336 07-31-2005 12:14 AM

Results

Villian shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I guess I should have been more aggressive throughout. I was just thinking for some reason to play it for a set.

Logik 07-31-2005 12:51 AM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Villian shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I guess I should have been more aggressive throughout. I was just thinking for some reason to play it for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop.
Raise the flop.
Turn and river look great, especially the K check-through, as he would likely only call a significant bet with a K.

I like the line from the turn on, basically.

whittiphil 07-31-2005 01:09 AM

Raise preflop.. and I was about to suggest making a small bet on the river... but then that could induce a bluff and you reall wouldn't know where you stood. Nice hand.