Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Check or bet the turn? (big draw in the Party 3/6 6m) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306213)

uw_madtown 08-02-2005 05:44 PM

Check or bet the turn? (big draw in the Party 3/6 6m)

Only been there for an orbit or two, and my comp is sucky lately so I'm 4-tabling sans PT/GT+. So my apologies, but this is sans reads. I haven't seen either player get notably out of line though.

I'm dipping my toes into the 3/6 6m and it feels fairly comfy so far, in that my opponents are making bigger mistakes than I am. I ran this hand past people in the #sstakes channel and they seemed to think the turn was worth debate.

Party Poker $3/$6 (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG and Hero call.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, UTG calls two, Hero caps, both call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ???

baronzeus 08-02-2005 05:47 PM

Re: Check or bet the turn? (big draw in the Party 3/6 6m)

You have top pair and a flush draw. It's hard given the action on previous streets to bet here but I think against 2 opponents you have plenty of equity.

RunDownHouse 08-02-2005 05:54 PM

Wow, I don't think its hard to find a bet here at all. I'm ecstatic that I improved.

[ QUOTE ]
Only been there for an orbit or two, and my comp is sucky lately so I'm 4-tabling sans PT/GT+. So my apologies, but this is sans reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you said it was early in your session, but this is a good time to find out if GT+ is killing your table/hand-reading ability. And maybe see how you like the 2-tabling Grisgra is so fond of.

SomethingClever 08-02-2005 06:01 PM

I doubt you have much fold equity, but your hand is probably best close to 1/3 of the time anyway, plus you have that monster draw, so a bet is probably good, and certainly not awful.

One merit to consider re: checking, though, is that SB may bet into you again on the river when you make your hand.

JimmyJazz1 08-02-2005 10:40 PM

Why the flop cap? I'd prefer calling the 3-bet and raise it up on the turn or river if you hit your diamond, jack, or queen.

uw_madtown 08-03-2005 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the flop cap? I'd prefer calling the 3-bet and raise it up on the turn or river if you hit your diamond, jack, or queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought at the time was that it was a free card play, so that if the turn bricked I could check behind. With UTG feeding bets in there, I felt the flop cap was pretty standard. Do others disagree?

Poldi 08-03-2005 09:53 AM

Easy bet I think. For value.

uw_madtown 08-03-2005 09:01 PM

Results

Bump for more comments, but here's the rest of the hand.

Party Poker $3/$6 (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG and Hero call.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, UTG calls two, Hero caps, both call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, both call.

RESULTS IN WHITE
<font color="white">SB had Kh, Ks: a pair of kings.
UTG had 6h, Ad: a pair of sixes.
Hero had Jd, Qd: two pair, queens and jacks. MHIG.</font>

Cancuk 08-03-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has, potentially, 18 outs.

Digs 08-03-2005 10:31 PM

Re: Results

lead the turn~