Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   nyc get together (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383422)

citanul 11-22-2005 03:46 PM

nyc get together

alright, a quick update:

1) i was unable to do much calling around at all to restaurants and such last week to scout things out, as i was basically dead.

2) the general plan looks something like this:

weekend of dec 3:

- earlier in day ~5-6 whatever, go to lounge type place where we can sit and talk and drink. hope to find a lounge that cards at table
- go to dinner ~7:30ish. hope is to get a private room of some type, and keep the price of a meal reasonable. dinner will not be in a place that cards at the door. the desired restaurant will allow us to sit, chill, talk, drink, etc, for however long we feel like it
- go to comedy club? ~10ish.
- go to post comedy drinking? ~12:30ish

invitees:

- sttf people
- sttf friends/girlfriends, if they dare
- other 2+2 people? specifically i'd ask that if we want to have other 2+2 people, we strive to not have people who are OOTists by nature, but rather people who occasionally play poker.

i think we had made a rough decision that the saturday was best for the most people.

i will be making calls to places soon.

c

Edited by durron597:

Interest list from the other thread:
Any:
durron597
Hornacek
adanthar
citanul
coolguy67
ilya
pokerlaw

Alcohol only:
sofere
pooh74

Poker only:
SonnyJay
Exitonly
burningyen

pooh74 11-22-2005 04:13 PM

Re: nyc get together

Nice job.

I think the comedy aspect will be covered by seeing what all of you fools look like.

citanul 11-22-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice job.

I think the comedy aspect will be covered by seeing what all of you fools look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think my cloak is that comical?

citanul 11-22-2005 04:16 PM

a) alcohol only people: the intention is that alcohol is available at all/any stops in the evening

b) poker only people: suck it, there's not going to be any poker played.

c

durron597 11-22-2005 05:11 PM

lets see how many citanul threads we can get in a row

citanul 11-22-2005 05:13 PM

hotness. wanna bump some of my old ones?

pooh74 11-22-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice job.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think my cloak is that comical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wear your green "mod" polo again...My goal is to be banned from every stop that night.

ilya 11-22-2005 07:06 PM

If anyone wants to play some poker before the meet-up at 6, my place is available.

citanul 11-22-2005 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants to play some poker before the meet-up at 6, my place is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a terrible, terrible idea.

ilya 11-22-2005 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a terrible, terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean poker before drunkenness & nighttime sucks, or you mean my place will be left in ruins?