Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Going from the strip to GVR (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323214)

MyMindIsGoing 08-26-2005 05:52 AM

Going from the strip to GVR

What is the best way to get to GVR from the strip? Any busses that stop near by? How much is a cab approx?

Photoc 08-26-2005 01:36 PM

Re: Going from the strip to GVR

No bus rte. Take I15 south to I215 east right to GVR. It's about a 25.00 or so cab ride from mid strip (bellagio/Paris) area.

KCFire105 08-26-2005 02:13 PM

"GVR"?

FrankStallone 08-26-2005 02:45 PM

The Taj card is needed for tournaments only. It is optional for live play. Most of the people at the table will have one for comps and the poker rate on rooms. About the guy who is 38 and gets carded.. unless he is Elijah Wood he is full of [censored]. Out of all the rooms taj is the most lax though. still a small risk ( depending on how young you look) most likely people to ID you are the really nice old lady with one white glove at check in ( sometimes a kinda hot asian lady is there too) it's wrong but if you can skip by them and find a table with some open seats tip the dealer a little on your first hand and wait it out. People who just lost a pot to you can have make you show ID too so be careful to not piss them off. The dealers will leave you alone most of the time because they are all either from the hood or from Russia or asia and just trying to dodge authorities. Also, when I first went to AC I was attracted to the taj too, however unless you want to handle chips that have not been washed AT ALL EVER and be exposed to the bird flu. I would say take your chances at the Borgata get on the list because there will be a long one, get some food watch the hotttest girls you have ever seen deliver drinks and be in a classy place. Its a little slice of not being in Jersey. In jersey. good luck and get a fake ID.

neotope 08-26-2005 04:21 PM

Green Valley Ranch, I think.

jayheaps 08-26-2005 04:30 PM

yeah, it is. very nice place. actually it is my wife's favorite spa in vegas and is never touristy. Plus, (I am not sure if they do this for everyone but I assume so) they will give free rides out to the strip for hotel guests.

Photoc 08-26-2005 04:55 PM

WTF are you talking about [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

GVR is Green Valley Ranch and has nothing to do with games in AC.

AllVegasPoker.com 08-26-2005 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the best way to get to GVR from the strip?

[/ QUOTE ]

A cab is going to be pretty expensive. I expect it will cost at least $25-$30, and possibly more. Vegas cabs are among the most expensive in the U.S. You might call the GVR to see if they can send a shuttle or car. I'm pretty sure they have shuttles/cars from the airport, but I don't know about elsewhere on the strip.

Xelent 08-27-2005 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No bus rte. Take I15 south to I215 east right to GVR. It's about a 25.00 or so cab ride from mid strip (bellagio/Paris) area.

[/ QUOTE ]

MyMindIsGoing 08-27-2005 09:32 AM

Thanx.