Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Loud animal in the crawl space (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250563)

wacki 05-12-2005 01:38 AM

Loud animal in the crawl space

At my parents house right now. In the family room it sounds like somebody is moving furniture. The animal is either very large or very strong and scraping the crap out of the crawl space/underside of the family room floor. We hear lots of squeaking. I assume the squeaks are babies. The scraping sounds like somebody is dragging a cabinet across a wood floor. It's really loud.

Obviously the animal has to go. The animal is making enough noise to convince me there is no way in hell I'm going down there without a LARGE weapon. The crawl space is small enough to make swinging a machete difficult at best. The smallest gun I have is a sniper rifle and I'm not going to blow a hole in the side of my parents house. Plan of action? Nonlethal removal is best of course. It will be difficult as it's at the complete opposite end of any known openings in the crawlspace.

Obviously I need to find out what it is first but I don't want to crawl in that tiny tunnel and get my face knawed off by some rabid... whatever it is.

This is going to be fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TStoneMBD 05-12-2005 01:40 AM

Re: Loud animal in the crawl space

id say get a hold of some sort of glass/plastic seethrough fixture the size of the crawlspace door. open the door really fast and hold the fixture to it so that the animal cannot attack you.

fsuplayer 05-12-2005 01:40 AM

looking forward to some updates. crazy rabid animals are cool.

BusterStacks 05-12-2005 01:41 AM

Sweet, this sounds exciting!

PokerGodess 05-12-2005 01:41 AM

Call the non-emergency number for your local police department.

Have them call animal control.

Look like a pu$$y, Dont risk the rabies.

eric5148 05-12-2005 01:48 AM

Do you have a blowgun? Cold Steel makes good ones.

Stuey 05-12-2005 01:50 AM

Soak some food in antifreeze throw it under the house. Wait till it stinks go have a look.

daryn 05-12-2005 01:55 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
id say get a hold of some sort of glass/plastic seethrough fixture the size of the crawlspace door. open the door really fast and hold the fixture to it so that the animal cannot attack you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this plan

Zeno 05-12-2005 01:57 AM

12-gauge pump action. BB shot. Shoot first, ask questions later.

-Zeno

Clarkmeister 05-12-2005 01:58 AM

Poison.