Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   An open letter to the forum (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303452)

morgan180 07-29-2005 05:14 PM

An open letter to the forum

Dear Forum,

Over the last week I have been sifting through all the no content/low content posts, the bat beat stories, the 5 buy-in downswing stories, the here are my results after 80 SNG stories, the flaming, and 8 million how to play AK threads.

It's tiresome.

I think that the STT forum is the best one on this site and I post and lurk here more than any other area. But I have to say we need some re-education here. I think its great to have all these people posting here but I would hope that we can keep the high level of conversation that most are accustomed to.

If everyone new to the forum would take a few minutes to read the FAQ, try out the search function and poke around in the other forums I think it will be better for all of us and will keep the STT a place where the valuable long time posters continue to come and contribute.

I think it's a community effort and everyone has to encourage a high standard, including myself.

Thanks,
Morgan

GtrHtr 07-29-2005 05:27 PM

Re: An open letter to the forum

I dunno. We're dealing with some heavy (stuff) here. Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor, Bigwig has a problem with increasing 4th place finishes, 11t may be coming back from a horrible downswing, raptor is losing but not telling us, Zen had a baby, Scuba can't figure out if his hand stats mean anything and Irie won a big tourney this week. Oh yeah, and curtains is lazy. I'm glad all of the above posts were made. I find them interesting - heartfelt - and often inspiring.

Let me ask you this -

Should I fold AA preflop?

citanul says: don't try to get around the censors.

Matt R. 07-29-2005 05:36 PM

Honest question from me: is it really that bad? I tend to peak in and out of this forum at random times, and I just sort through the threads I do/don't want to read. I don't find what clutter there is all that bothersome... it tends to get pushed off the first page rather quickly and I don't think it's enough where it's hindering discussion on the good threads. I could be wrong though and viewing the forum at good times, but I really haven't noticed too much unusual. There's always going to be new posters, and I probably wouldn't read the FAQ right away either (but I lurked for awhile before posting so I wouldn't post crap, so maybe that point is irrelevant).

microbet 07-29-2005 05:42 PM

Nice. Mental note - read GtrHtr's posts.

MegaBet 07-29-2005 06:02 PM

Amen. I agree. If people do feel the need to make non-content posts, maybe there should be a non-content forum. Not to sound really selfish or anything, but I came here to improve my game. I also find that giving out advice, which is open to criticism, is also helpful to me because it makes me think.

The Yugoslavian 07-29-2005 06:05 PM

The fact that ChrisV has made like at least a dozen posts over the last few days has guaranteed that the STT forum couldn't have gotten worse from a couple weeks ago, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Oh, and yes, many veteran posters have been posting about not quite poker things (to go along with the pseudo-content posts from noobs).

Social posts: UP (not quite as much e-peni waving, just curtains, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], as in the past few weeks but more content/no content topics like surgery and such)

Noob posts: DOWN (a bit...hopefully they will continue to fall as citanul's thread is up longer)

Nice content from veterans: UP (slightly, due to in large part to Irie and ChrisV)

Rants: DOWN (has been for quite some time due mainly to Dali's absence...altho curtians had that nice thread that got locked eventually)

Forumbot appearances: WAY DOWN (guess he is in for a tune up?! :confused)

Yugo bashings: WAY DOWN (everyone has finally realized I am the greatest in the history...[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

Yugoslav

Isura 07-29-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. We're dealing with some heavy sh.it here. Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor, Bigwig has a problem with increasing 4th place finishes, 11t may be coming back from a horrible downswing, raptor is losing but not telling us, Zen had a baby, Scuba can't figure out if his hand stats mean anything and Irie won a big tourney this week. Oh yeah, and curtains is lazy. I'm glad all of the above posts were made. I find them interesting - heartfelt - and often inspiring.

Let me ask you this -

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Is it wrong to make jokes at work, or have a drink with your collegues after hours? Although this is an internet poker strategy forum, we are still real people, and a bit of light content posts isn't hurting this forum IMO.

Isura 07-29-2005 06:12 PM

Noooo, you changed your avator.

The Yugoslavian 07-29-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noooo, you changed your avator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate it or love it...;).

It's the same chick, btw.

Many were distraught when I got rid of the Yugoslavian chick so I imagine some will have a hard time with this change too. Perhaps I'll rotate my avatar more frequently...

Also, dude, your avatar isn't really helpin' the cause, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

MegaBet 07-29-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. We're dealing with some heavy sh.it here. Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor, Bigwig has a problem with increasing 4th place finishes, 11t may be coming back from a horrible downswing, raptor is losing but not telling us, Zen had a baby, Scuba can't figure out if his hand stats mean anything and Irie won a big tourney this week. Oh yeah, and curtains is lazy. I'm glad all of the above posts were made. I find them interesting - heartfelt - and often inspiring.

Let me ask you this -

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Is it wrong to make jokes at work, or have a drink with your collegues after hours? Although this is an internet poker strategy forum, we are still real people, and a bit of light content posts isn't hurting this forum IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, it's not a bit...it's a lot!