Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thank you for disconnecting me, PartyPoker! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=133091)

VarlosZ 10-07-2004 01:03 AM

Thank you for disconnecting me, PartyPoker!

So I'm at a NLHE $100 ($1/$2) table on Party, and I've built up a healthy stack, to about $200. I'm dealt KK in late position. UTG+1 raises to 7. Fold, call, and then . . . oh, christ! I've lost my connection!

I close and restart the program, but I don't get back to the table until the middle of the next hand. [censored].

I relay this tale of woe to the table. Right away, three people tell me it was a "good time to disconnect." Huh? It seems the big stack at the table had QQ, but hit a set. Instead of losing $200 (or at least a big chunk thereof), I lost $0.

Thank god for PartyPoker's mediocre software.

Aside: Did I really save $200? That is, does PartyPoker set the order of the deck at the start of the hand and leave it as such, or does it constantly shuffle the remaining cards? Thanks.

MicroBob 10-07-2004 01:11 AM

Re: Thank you for disconnecting me, PartyPoker!

If everyone else finished the hand then it is likely that YOUR connection was the reason for your disconnect.....not party's servers (not necessarily though...especially if the search-player, buddy-list disconnect-bug still applies).

[ QUOTE ]
That is, does PartyPoker set the order of the deck at the start of the hand and leave it as such, or does it constantly shuffle the remaining cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??

daryn 10-07-2004 01:12 AM

you should be pissed that you missed out on that great +EV situation

Blarg 10-07-2004 01:34 AM

Dunno, MB. Ever have happen what I do -- one attempt to connect is almost impossible or very very slow, and you get that trying to connect box over and over...then cancel out, and when you retry, get in right away? I think some of their servers are just really worse than others -- or line condition or something acts up.

Morta 10-07-2004 01:42 AM

Yesterday I was playing some normal FL ring tables. Suddenly, one of the tables goes into the "internet delayed for xx amount of seconds" and does this frequently in the next 5 minutes. The thing is, the other tables were fine and dandy. That was very strange [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

VarlosZ 10-07-2004 01:43 AM

That's true, it could have been a problem on my end, or some sort compatibility issue (i.e., a problem on both ends). On the other hand, I lose my connection like this on Party with some regularity (once every week or two, say); I've lost my connection on PokerStars exactly once (I play about as frequently on each).

[ QUOTE ]
"That is, does PartyPoker set the order of the deck at the start of the hand and leave it as such, or does it constantly shuffle the remaining cards?"
Huh??

[/ QUOTE ]
Does Party does just set the order of the deck once and leave it at that, or do they reset the order of the remaining cards prior to dealing the flop, turn, and river?

Chipr777 10-07-2004 04:23 AM

I'm not quite sure what your asking but from what I gather I don't think you folding changed the flop or outcome of the hand in any way.

PuertoKid 10-07-2004 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Aside: Did I really save $200? That is, does PartyPoker set the order of the deck at the start of the hand and leave it as such, or does it constantly shuffle the remaining cards? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that the deck is not set and that each draw is randomly generated based on a variety of data at the time the draw is made.

Adde 10-07-2004 06:14 AM

I'm pretty sure that the deck is not set and that each draw is randomly generated based on a variety of data at the time the draw is made.

Me too.

This actually has a nice side effect. Since the community cards would not have been the same if you had called preflop, you cannot feel bad for folding even if the flop should hit your mucked cards hard. This concept should help you concentrate on playing well instead of relying on luck.

On the other hand, it is still a good thing that other people do this, and thus is lured in to make bad calls next time.

Adde

_And1_ 10-07-2004 07:58 AM

"Yesterday I was playing some normal FL ring tables. Suddenly, one of the tables goes into the "internet delayed for xx amount of seconds" and does this frequently in the next 5 minutes. The thing is, the other tables were fine and dandy. That was very strange "

Same thing happened to me to. My third table lost connection and never came back, thou i was playin fine on the other two at the same time, very weird...