Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Doyles big laydown (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382226)

scrapperdog 11-20-2005 06:52 PM

Doyles big laydown

In SS2 one of the guest writers writes about how Doyle was playing in a cash game and had pocket aces, another player had pocket 2's and another had pocket 4's. Flop A24. Bettting capped. Turn is 2. Doyle lays down his aces full to quad 2's.

Does anyone else find this almost unbelivable? This was in limit holdem which makes it even harder to make that laydown. BTW river was a 4 and quad 4's beats quad 2's (if I remember right).

I am not saying this story is not true just pointing out how amazing this laydown was to anyone that missed it.

TheMetetron 11-20-2005 07:00 PM

Re: Doyles big laydown

If it really was limit hold'em that has to be a bad laydown.

scrapperdog 11-20-2005 07:04 PM

I just checked, yes it was limit holdem, Doyle led with aces full and folded turn to a double raise. Game was 80/160 which is still a lot of money but was a lot more back when this was played.

NLfool 11-20-2005 07:10 PM

you know what, I never take a poker player's word on what he has or folded. I mean all those players on TV know they are being recorded and they all lie about what they folded (sammy being the exception).

11-20-2005 07:10 PM

I don't think you can say it's a bad or good laydown till you know what all the action was, during the hand and before the hand.

TheHammer24 11-20-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can say it's a bad or good laydown till you know what all the action was, during the hand and before the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the impression he was colluding with the his friend who had the quad 2's. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

scrapperdog 11-20-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as the action pre flop or even during the hand it does not really matter top possible full house is top possible full house any way you look at it. Unless you have a superman type of read. This is on page 76 of SS2.

2+2 wannabe 11-20-2005 07:47 PM

this is pretty poor unless he is playing the tightest mother [censored] in the world, and even then it's bad

teddyFBI 11-20-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can.
If this story is even true (dubious), then this fold is one of the worst you'll possibly see anywhere, ever. "Reads" be damned.

bmxreed36 11-20-2005 09:07 PM

It would be a good laydown if there was no cap and the other guy had put in the 76th raise on the turn. (Then again, he has odds to draw to quads) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]