Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My first 21 hour session (A little long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386282)

tonypaladino 11-27-2005 06:00 PM

My first 21 hour session (A little long)

Never played this long straight. I got to Atlantic City at about 9:30 Frdiay night. My bus went to bally's and the bus ride was rough, with a lot of lound annoying people and a seat in the second row from the back so I went flying up in the air on every pothole. I was in a bad mood when I got off and went to the Wild Wild West bar to suck down 3 dirty martinis on an empty stomach (mistake).

Then I went to the showboat, since I heard the new poker room is very nice. I had wanted to play 5/10 but they were only spreading 2/4 and 3/6, so I got on the 5/10 interest list and sat in a 3/6 game.

I was pretty tipsy and spewed chips for a while. I was playing retarded alternating between LAG and loose-passive. A kid who was playing solid dropped a "sup bro" and I responded, and he said "really?" and I said something like "you certainly can't tell by the way I'm playing" and he agreed. Alright, I drank a lot of water and coffee, went for a walk and smoked some cigaretees, and then I went back and played my regular game, but with a little too much passivness I realized as I look back.

There was this drunk loud guy that sat at the table. The floor was explaining to him how to play Hold'Em, so I thought this was going to be good. Every time the action got to him he wouuld take about 3 full minutes to act. It went like this:

Dealer: $3 to you sir.
Drunk: Wha? Is My Turn?
Dealer: Yes sir, the bet's $3.
Drunk: No, I ain't never play for $3, what can I raise it to?

And so It went on, his stats had to have been like 95% VPIP, 95% PFR. Sometimes he raised blind and each and every time he had to be told the action was to him, ask how much he could raise and then raise it. The above dialouge happed every [censored] hand. He dropped his stack and then rebought twice. After the second rebuy, he hit an amazing run of cards, no matter what [censored] he played he hit 2 pair or better on the board and was dragging huge pots. He dropped his initial $150, bought in for $200 more, but then left with what looked like amost $600. I was able to save some money though because the guy was honest. If I asked him "Do you have the flush?" or something, he would always answer honestly and then show his cards at the end.

At around 6 am we dropped to 7, then 6, then 4 handed, played for a while, and then played about 3 hands 3 handed until we decided to break the game.

I decided to walk over to the Taj, and not realizing the Taj and Showboat were connected, walked outside and in the wrong direction. I eventually got there and since there was a list for 5/10 and open seats at 3/6 I wound up at 3/6 again. I got into my seat at 7:30 am and left it at 8:00 pm. I took one 45 minute break to eat at the snackbar at about 5:30. I was doing okay, but this huge luckbox sat right to my left and proceded to play almost like the drunk guy at the showboat and keep hitting his hands. He took almost my whole stack off of me with hands like A3 against my AK with a board of AXX X and hitting a 3 on the river, or a low pair vs QQ and hitting a set on the river. Crazy. I was down to about 5 BBs from my buy in(I had a couple of C-notes under my stack though) and then I took a huge pot off of the luckbox and some old dude with the nut flush vs their flushes.

The luckbox left and there was one or two solid TAG players and one nut-peddler at the table. The rest were very loose-passive older people and I got very agressive and then took 3 pots in a row without showdown. I then tightend up and played solid for the rest of the day, leaving up about 20 BBs. Fun Stuff

Mason Hellmuth 11-27-2005 08:32 PM

Re: My first 21 hour session (A little long)

[ QUOTE ]
I was in a bad mood when I got off and went to the Wild Wild West bar to suck down 3 sticks of butter on an empty stomach (mistake).

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP?

Nice report.

11-27-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was in a bad mood when I got off and went to the Wild Wild West bar to suck down 3 sticks of butter on an empty stomach (mistake).

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP?

Nice report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, what a health nut. Nothing better than a melting stick of butter on a hot summer day, lemme tell ya.

11-27-2005 11:59 PM

this has to be one of the worst posts i have seen

11-28-2005 12:12 AM

What did the sup bro comment mean? Did he recognize you from this site?

MisterKing 11-28-2005 02:01 AM

be very suspicious of people saying "sup bro" around poker tables... or maybe not. To find the origins of this phrase, do a search in the 2+2 archives for posts by a guy by the name of Sup Bro. He is a living legend. I highly recommend his trip report to the gym.

hoopsie44 11-28-2005 12:39 PM

I've played a good number of hours at the Showboat since it opened in July and I can definitely say it's the softest room in AC. I won't play anywhere else.

tonypaladino 11-28-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played a good number of hours at the Showboat since it opened in July and I can definitely say it's the softest room in AC. I won't play anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus those chairs are so nice. The only sucky part is Red Bulls are $4 unless you have a Diamond Club card

mikeyvegas 11-30-2005 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did the sup bro comment mean? Did he recognize you from this site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words: All County.

BBC Z 11-30-2005 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was pretty tipsy and spewed chips for a while. I was playing retarded alternating between LAG and loose-passive. A kid who was playing solid dropped a "sup bro" and I responded, and he said "really?" and I said something like "you certainly can't tell by the way I'm playing" and he agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that you interpreted it that way. When I said 'really?' I meant more along the lines that I had actually run into a 2+2er. I generally don't bother 'sup bro'ing people but because I was at showboat to chill out I thought I'd try it out.

[ QUOTE ]

nd so It went on, his stats had to have been like 95% VPIP, 95% PFR. Sometimes he raised blind and each and every time he had to be told the action was to him, ask how much he could raise and then raise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The far more interesting thing was the effect he had on the entire table. He turned a game of 2-3 to the flop into a game of 7-8 to the capped flop within two hours.

I also thought a lot of people at that table played him wrong. They were playing big drawing hands against him and then were forced to fold monster pots on the river to LAG's pair of twos. The other interesting thing about LAG was that he wouldn't play every hand down to the river. He found folds in places where he had absolutely nothing or he realy thought he was beat bad. Those facts seemed to have gotten lost on the table and they'd call him down with Ace high to lose to his second pair.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you at the table. I can't say I paid enough attention to your play to give any feedback. I was too busy watching the fireworks show as LAG probably sent 8-10 people to the showers that night.