Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   3 Routine folds? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296515)

Percy101 07-20-2005 01:27 AM

3 Routine folds?

Hand 1: Read on SB is TAG -I expect to behind/dominated on the flop, so give up. Just wondering if it was worth doing otherwise considering the size of the pot (12 SB).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Hand 2: Should I be drawing on the turn here due to the pot size? Or is it still not big enough when 2 flush, paired board, weakness of overcards and possibility of only splitting with straight draw is taken into account?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Hand 3: Both SB and BB are LAG, especially SB. I was willing to 3-bet SBs check raise on the flop, but decided that a check-reraise from BB was a bit too much action, even against two LAGs. Correct fold?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls.

TripleH68 07-20-2005 01:45 AM

Re: 3 Routine folds?

Hand 1) TAG in the SB. I peel one off at 12-1.

Hand 2) With a flop check through I peel one here also. You are nearly closing the action and getting at least 12-1 again.

Hand 3) Tough spot. Seems like either fold or cap that sumbitch.

07-20-2005 01:51 AM

Hand 1: Good fold.

Hand 2: Call. You are getting 11:1 with at least 3 clean outs. Implied odds and hidden outs = a +EV call

Hand 3: Depending on how LAG they are, I see a turn. You may have the best hand at the moment, and have redraws to a better hand. Action on the turn is again read dependent.

Redd 07-20-2005 01:51 AM

Actually, I wouldn't fold any of these.

Hand 1: You could have as many as 6 outs against SB, and there's a slim chance you're chopping the pot right now. I'd at least peel and reevaluate on the turn.

Hand 2: Even if you don't count the 8s as outs (which I would give something to), you definitely have outs to peel based on aces and sevens alone.

Hand 3: You have TPTK. They're LAGs. Pretty good chance you're best + outs against KJ. Capping is an option, but I'd also consider peeling to see what goes down on the turn.

grjr 07-20-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1) TAG in the SB. I peel one off at 12-1.

Hand 2) With a flop check through I peel one here also. You are nearly closing the action and getting at least 12-1 again.

Hand 3) Tough spot. Seems like either fold or cap that sumbitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with TripleH here. I wouldn't be folding in hand 3 though. I've seen enough KQ and QT here to at least see the turn.

07-20-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1)...I peel one off

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands does a TAG 3-betting from the SB have?

Kumubou 07-20-2005 01:55 AM

Hand 1: He has initative in the hand, he is leading here with anything. You may or may not be good if you make a pair, but the pot is big enough to peel one. If he is 'smart', he may see your raise as an isolation play and may be a bit light with the three-bet.

Hand 2: Absolutely. I think MP2 most likely has two live cards. Your 8s may be good, your As are probably good, and a 7 almost certainly wins you the hand. 11 BBs for ~5-6 outs? Peel please.

Hand 3: Depends if they go to war with each other or not. I probably cap it here (cause they do this with lots of cards) and reevaluate depending on what happens on the turn. If both of them are maniacal and produce a non-stop jamming effect, just hold on for the ride and bring a barf bag.

-K

TripleH68 07-20-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1)...I peel one off

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big helper in this decision is that you are closing the action. SB 3-bet in this case I am thinking AA-88, AK for now
and I know that any of these is following through with a bet on this flop.

Redd 07-20-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1)...I peel one off

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA-TT (possibly 99, which I would 3-bet here), AKs, AQs, AKo seems like a place to start. Possibly more if he perceives this as a blind steal situation (this is questionable from an MP2 raise. If Hero was in CO I'd put the TAG SB on a pretty wide range of hands).

07-20-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1)...I peel one off

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA-TT (possibly 99, which I would 3-bet here), AKs, AQs, AKo seems like a place to start. Possibly more if he perceives this as a blind steal situation (this is questionable from an MP2 raise. If Hero was in CO I'd put the TAG SB on a pretty wide range of hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

Board: 2d 4h Jc
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 22.1933 % [ 00.19 00.03 ] { AQo }
Hand 2: 77.8067 % [ 00.75 00.03 ] { AA-99, AKs-AJs, KQs, AKo }