Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I'm Holding A Pity Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385272)

IggyWH 11-25-2005 10:20 PM

I\'m Holding A Pity Party

I now have around 160,000 online hands under my belt. I have never had a Royal and bitch about this all the time. I know when you get one you probably won't get paid off, but it's the luster of the hand and me not getting one. It is my personal unicorn.

I have looked at my past PT stats and while I have never got a Royal, I have also never folded a hand that had I played, would have got me a Royal. Not even some 1 card junk.

Well, today my moment happened. Sadly, I missed the train :

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

IggyWH ($103.50)
SB ($142.05)
BB ($100)
UTG ($141.15)
UTG+1 ($62)
UTG+2 ($103.85)
MP1 ($32.65)
MP2 ($172.20)
MP3 ($90.85)
CO ($120.95)

Preflop: IggyWH is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, IggyWH calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, IggyWH folds, SB calls $4.

Flop: ($13) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $24

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. BB wins $24. </font>

-----------------------

Damn BB was brand new to the table so I was scared to raise in a position raise/steal attempt. Had I raised, maybe he would have just cold-called or made a small reraise that I would have had to call. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

11-25-2005 10:56 PM

Re: I\'m Holding A Pity Party

If it makes you feel any better, I've gotten 4 or 5 in my &lt;150k hands of online poker.

I did fold a JTs preflop once that flopped a royal so I know how you feel.

grouchie 11-25-2005 11:32 PM

i've had over 100k hands and looking back over my PT databases I had one hand that would have given me a royal.
Something like Kx where I would have runner runnered it.

I have also only achieved like 3 straight flushes over the course of this time.

Big hands don't like me.

tripdad 11-26-2005 12:48 AM

i've made a couple of royals online. one was at pokerroom and they had a "royal diamonds" promotion. you hit a royal in diamonds, and you get $500 and everyone dealt gets $50.

funny thing is, i didn't even know about the promotion until after it happened, the guy i beat in the pot typed in "we all get $50." i asked some questions, checked my account and sure enough, they gave me $500 within minutes. it's a good thing i bet the turn and river and got called, because i think the pot had to be a certain number of bets before they would pay.

tripdad

Tk79 11-26-2005 01:16 AM

I hadnt seen a royal in over 300k hands and then this happened.

Nov 23.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
4 folds,MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets,1 fold, SB calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](2 players)
MP3 bets</font>, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, Hero caps, MP3 calls.

River: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

MP3 has Ts Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Hero has Jd Kd (straight flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB.

Nov 25

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 4 folds, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

Hero has Ac Jc (straight flush, ace high).
Button has 8d 8c (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.16 BB.

IggyWH 11-26-2005 02:14 AM

Okay, no need to pity me anymore :

http://www.jewshit.com/royal.gif

ncboiler 11-26-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I now have around 160,000 online hands under my belt. I have never had a Royal and bitch about this all the time. I know when you get one you probably won't get paid off, but it's the luster of the hand and me not getting one. It is my personal unicorn.

I have looked at my past PT stats and while I have never got a Royal, I have also never folded a hand that had I played, would have got me a Royal. Not even some 1 card junk.

Well, today my moment happened. Sadly, I missed the train :

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

IggyWH ($103.50)
SB ($142.05)
BB ($100)
UTG ($141.15)
UTG+1 ($62)
UTG+2 ($103.85)
MP1 ($32.65)
MP2 ($172.20)
MP3 ($90.85)
CO ($120.95)

Preflop: IggyWH is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, IggyWH calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, IggyWH folds, SB calls $4.

Flop: ($13) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $24

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. BB wins $24. </font>

-----------------------

Damn BB was brand new to the table so I was scared to raise in a position raise/steal attempt. Had I raised, maybe he would have just cold-called or made a small reraise that I would have had to call. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps

Pog0 11-26-2005 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as you'd love to beat yourself up about it, played any differently, you wouldn't have gotten the same flop. Still, though. I've never gotten a royal except one time I folded an offsuit jack, flopped a 4-royal so many times, and this is on pokerroom where they pay big riches! Party has no such thing, do they?

11-26-2005 06:57 PM

they have a royal flush jackpot if you play on certain tables.

toss 11-26-2005 08:21 PM

Play Royal Hold'em at UB. You're sure to hit one within a week.