Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Big Coincidences You've Experienced (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362644)

Bigdaddydvo 10-21-2005 06:16 PM

Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

Here's one from about 2 years ago.

I was driving down the street and noticed the truck in front of me had a state of Kansas specialty plate that said "BOSTON" I didn't think too much of it, but half a second later, with the truck still in front of me, I turned on the radio. I immediately heard "More than a feeling" from the band BOSTON.

It was pretty cool.

chuddo 10-21-2005 06:23 PM

Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

i once met two random people with my same first and last name in the same day on a trip to myrtle beach.

Blarg 10-21-2005 06:27 PM

I met a girl in L.A. who it turns out I had lived across the street from in Hawaii for many years. Her family never spoke to anyone, was pretty much never even seen by anyone. High walls around the house. She didn't go to my school, and I didn't even know she existed, actually. Then I bump into her of all people out of a city of 8 million people an ocean away.

gamblore99 10-21-2005 06:29 PM

The last three girls I have liked all have exs with my name. And these exs were all their last boy friends.

Reef 10-21-2005 06:46 PM

I have a little sister. My aunty has an older boy and younger girl. My mom and aunt are sisters.

just hold on, I'm getting to it.

I'm born on the same day, 6 years after, as the male (my cousin). And my little sister was born on the same day, 17 years after, as the female (her/my cousin). I'm not quite sure if I've worded that right

Blarg 10-21-2005 06:50 PM

I got it. That is pretty unusual.

I have the same birthday as my aunt.

swede123 10-21-2005 06:50 PM

When I was about one year old my mom was in a pretty bad car wreck with me in the car. She broke an arm or something, I wasn't hurt at all. About ten years later my mom becomes friends with this one lady through mutual friends. It turns out this new friend was the same lady that my mom crashed with ten years earlier. This happened in Stockholm, a city of about one million people.

Swede

10-21-2005 06:51 PM

When I was in second grade, I was going to shcool in Sydney, and there was a guy I sorta knew in 3rd grade.

I went to high school in Houston, and the same guy went to my high school for a few years

Then I went to University of Colorado for a semester, he went to Colorado School of Mines, about half our drive away

LoaferGee12 10-21-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a little sister. My aunty has an older boy and younger girl. My mom and aunt are sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should've just left it at this.

Sponger15SB 10-21-2005 06:56 PM

I once saw my neighbor in the pittsburg airport when I was like 10 years old.

When I was in high school I saw my junior high church group leader on a beach in puerto escondido, oaxaca.

One of my exgirlfriends and my mom share the same birthday.

I moved twice during high school to houses about a mile from each other. Both times a girl from my high school and their families moved in.

Onaflag 10-21-2005 06:58 PM

Air Force - Basic Training - 1982

Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized. We hung out in different crowds, but went to the same High School. At 18 years old, it was pretty weird.

Onaflag...........

10-21-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom and aunt are sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me way to long to figure out that this is normal

lorinda 10-21-2005 07:00 PM

I went to Amsterdam with a couple of friends of mine.

We got onto the train that runs to the city center from the Airport and one of my friends started talking to someone who happened to be from our home town of Coventry. They clearly knew each other.

After we got off the train, myself and the other friend asked where he knew the guy from, and his reply was "I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic last month and I met him there. I only remembered him because he said he was from Coventry".

The most weird thing about the whole tale was that the guy who had just had this ridiculous coincidence didn't seem to think that it was in the slightest bit unusual.

Lori

10-21-2005 07:02 PM

I randomly met a girl at a party at the beginning of grad school on the East Coast. Turns out, my grandparents had sold their house in Los Angeles to her parents and she grew up in the same bedroom my Mom had grown up in.

Sponger15SB 10-21-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized.

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

Onaflag 10-21-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking of the Army. Sorry you're confused.

Onaflag......... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Eurotrash 10-21-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, right. just admit that you were "aimed high" at the time this coincidence occurred.

WDC 10-21-2005 07:14 PM

Here is one from today. I was a little bored and put my name into google. On of the hits was about someone sharing my name playing in one major league baseball game on August 17, 1897. August 17 is my birthday (although not 1897).

tom441lbk 10-21-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized. We hung out in different crowds, but went to the same High School. At 18 years old, it was pretty weird.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

the story just goes downhill from here

David04 10-21-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My mom and aunt are sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me way to long to figure out that this is normal

[/ QUOTE ]
I have 5 aunts. Exactly 0 are my mom's sister.

10-21-2005 07:28 PM

well yeah, I realize that can happen, but I was thinking along the lines of his family must have been inbred

PITTM 10-21-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i once met two random people with my same first and last name in the same day on a trip to myrtle beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

lexington brian? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rj

ghostface 10-21-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised it took like 5 responses for a flame to pop up.

SheetWise 10-21-2005 07:32 PM

A guy who worked for me was telling me the story of his weekend one Monday -- and I was telling him about mine. The more details we gave, the more it became apparent that the two girls were roommates -- we had been at the same apartment at different times. I went to the lake boating and camping, and came back Sun. meeting the roommate -- he had stayed with my dates roommate Fri/Sat. They lived about 15 mi. from where we lived. We all met in different places. The city was about 2MM at the time. Weird.

10-21-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Army we kept our eyes straight ahead.

<font color="white">[censored] </font>

Dominic 10-21-2005 07:36 PM

Just last wweek, my finacee, Sticky Wicket, was on a flight to New York from Las Vegas....she starts having a conversation with the older gentlman next to her. She tells him she's going to NJ....he says he's from NJ....she says, "oh, my finace is from NJ - a small town called Upper Saddle River. " The guy says, "I'm from Upper Saddle River - what's your fiance's name?"

She tells him my last name - his eyes grow wide. "Are you going to marry Dominic or Chris?"

The guy was my family's next door neighbor for 20 years! I gew up with him as my "2nd Dad" but we hadn't seen or talked to one another's families in over ten years.

protocol 10-21-2005 07:45 PM

I bought a used car last summer from an ad I saw in the newspaper. As I was signing the title, I noticed that the original name on the title was the same name as my high school chemistry teacher. There's around a million people in the metro area so I figured it's probably just a coincidence, but I asked the woman I was buying the car from about it, just in case. Sure enough, it was him. She turned out to be the widow of my now-deceased chemistry teacher(I hadn't even known he was dead).

This kind of freaked my out for the first couple weeks that I was driving it.

Unabridged 10-21-2005 07:53 PM

i once called 3 songs in a row on winamp with a 100+ playlist on random

TheTROLL 10-21-2005 07:54 PM

Old girlfriend's cellphone number and my then office number ended in the same digits. The same SIX digits.

ddubois 10-21-2005 09:11 PM

My name is Daniel DuBois. I picked up some girl at a bar. We go out, etc. I get her address. She lived on DuBois lane.

tom441lbk 10-21-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised it took like 5 responses for a flame to pop up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i scrolled to make sure i wasn't going for a copycat joke, suprisingly i was first

CPSUpoker 10-21-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is one from today. I was a little bored and put my name into google. On of the hits was about someone sharing my name playing in one major league baseball game on August 17, 1897. August 17 is my birthday (although not 1897).

[/ QUOTE ]

MY birthday is Aug. 17, 1986 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nothumb 10-21-2005 09:47 PM

I used to be in a band with a French-Canadian Zionist Jew who was obsessed with Prince.

No, that's not the weird part.

I went to Chicago for New Year's about 4 years back. On January 2nd I went with the two girls I was visiting to find some good Indian food. The Indian district in Chicago is pretty decent sized, a good thirty or forty Indian restaurants in the area we were exploring.

As we are walking around we were talking about Prince, and one of the young ladies asked what album one song or another was on. It was an early song so I didn't know off the top, but I said, "You know who would know is my buddy Jake."

We finally picked a restaurant. This was about three in the afternoon on January 2nd. There was only one other table in the joint. We walk in and who is there but my buddy Jake, there with his dad. They're the only table in the entire joint in the one Indian restaurant in Chicago we wandered into. We ask him what album the song was on and he tells us. Turns out he was in Chicago with his dad and brother, dropping his brother off at college. They came to get food and left town immediately after.

NT

naphinfitos 10-21-2005 10:54 PM

1. Had AA 4 times in a row on the same table in pokerstars.

2. Traveling in Ireland we stopped at a museum of ancient tools and fossils and stuff. The museum was in some guy's house, and it turns out that he used to live in the same town that I live in now (30,000 people). Not only that but when he was growing up he lived 2 houses down from where I now live.

DarkForceRising 10-21-2005 10:57 PM

My two best are too long. #3 is that I ran into a guy I know in New Orleans and a year later in Tennessee. We both live in Michigan and had no idea either would be in said locales.

If you want to read an incrdible story search my posts for October 5 under the heading "Most Amazing Coincidences". You will also learn the history of Diebitters' nifty Fonz avatar. I'd post a link but I don't know how.

Black Aces 518 10-21-2005 11:04 PM

Daniel, did you ever go to school in Oklahoma City?

Rhone 10-21-2005 11:10 PM

My wife and I have the same birthday, though two years apart. It was pretty bizarre finding this out on one of our first dates, but now we're just used to it. Other people seem to find it pretty amusing, though.

ddubois 10-21-2005 11:12 PM

Nope.

CCass 10-21-2005 11:34 PM

My wife and I are in the Detroit Airport, getting ready to fly home. Our plane gets grounded due to a mechanical problem, and we have to wait for another plane. While we are waiting, my wife strikes up a conversation with a lady sitting across from us with a cat inside a pet carrier (my wife loves cats).The lady tells us that she is flying back home to Rural TN after living in Germany for 10+ years. I ask her what part of TN was home, she replied that it was a very small town, I wouldn't know where it was. I asked her to tell me anyway, she says Lafayette. I tell her that I know exactly where Lafayette is, because my family owns a mill there. Her eyes get wide and she tells me that her cousin owns a mill there as well. Come to find out she is my second cousin and had been gone for so long she didn't recognize me (I was probably 8 or 9 the last time she had seen me).

kipin 10-21-2005 11:56 PM

In Prague I ran into a friend I have known since first grade and see about once every three months. We both knew we were traveling to Europe but didn't have any plans to meet up or know the exact dates we would be in Europe or any idea of what cities we were each going to.

One of my friends shares my mom's birthday and I share his mom's birthday.