Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Need some XBox Game Recomendations (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401318)

kenberman 12-19-2005 12:04 PM

Need some XBox Game Recomendations

So, I just got an Xbox (traded it for my dusty PS2 that I no longer used). Now, I need some games to get addicted to [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I like sports games, so Madden and Tiger Woods are no brainers.

I would also like to pick up a strategy game, kind of like a Legend of Zelda game, if such a game exists. It should have a degree of action to it though - like Bounty Hunter for PS2. I liked that game a lot, even though it's really more of a shooter. Maybe something like Metroid?

Somebody gave me Fable, and it seems ok so far (only played for about 30 minutes).

What I don't like: 1st person shooters (even though I liked Bounty Hunter) or car racing games.

tyia.

mmbt0ne 12-19-2005 12:09 PM

Re: Need some XBox Game Recomendations

Halo - even if you dont like FPSs, you'll probably like this game. If not, your friends will, and youll have more than enough fun playing multiplayer to justify the $20 purchase

EMcWilliams 12-19-2005 12:10 PM

Ive owned an x box for 3 years and have never needed another game other than Halo or Halo 2. Get it and youll be fine.

Hellrazor 12-19-2005 12:20 PM

Street Figter Collection - just for the online 3rd Strike competition.

X-Men Legends wasn't bad for an RPG type game.

swolfe 12-19-2005 12:24 PM

Jade Empire

mmbt0ne 12-19-2005 12:25 PM

Oh yeah, Knights of the Old Republic is supposed to be a great game too.

kenberman 12-19-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice - was also looking for Star Wars games

xadrez 12-19-2005 12:34 PM

An absolute must have IMO, is Ninja Gaiden. Amazing game.

For adventure, there isnt too much on Xbox. You could probably get "Beyond Good and Evil" for 5 bucks. I was skeptical, and its pretty corny, but fun.

krimson 12-19-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice - was also looking for Star Wars games

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a warning. This game is extremely plot heavy. About 90% of the time playing will be spent listening to storyline and watching cutscenes and stuff. It's good if you're a big Star Wars fan and treat it like a "choose your own adventure". I personally got bored about 20% of the way into the game.

Also if your going to play it. Read some FAQS/guides on character development to make your life easier. At the start you need to build your character, with about a million choices and that's going to effect the rest of your game. Reading up on how to build a strong character is a good idea.

Starwars Battlefront II is much more action packed. It's an action/strategy style game, similar to Halo 2 except it's 3rd person and it has some "auto-aim" functionality so the analog controls aren't as hard to use.

As far as RPG/adventure games go, there really isn't any classics for XBOX. I found Fable pretty fun, but it's a pretty short game. The intro->middle of the game is very well done and there are some challenging fight scenes in it but the ending seems like it was rushed to get out. The storyline kind of falls apart and the game actually gets easier to beat towards the end.

kenberman 12-19-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just a warning. This game is extremely plot heavy. About 90% of the time playing will be spent listening to storyline and watching cutscenes and stuff. It's good if you're a big Star Wars fan and treat it like a "choose your own adventure". I personally got bored about 20% of the way into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I just saw that the combat scenes are 'turn based' - ie you don't really do any fighting. not what am I looking for.