Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Did I just get out-played? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396741)

12-12-2005 11:37 AM

Did I just get out-played?

Sorry, dont have HH with me, I will post what i think of it.
PLO$200
4 handed
Villian is in sb ($200)
Hero is in bb with (130)
call, call, villian completes, hero checks
Dealt to hero JJxx ss
$8 in pot
flop comes AJ6 rainbow
villian checks, hero checks (this is not the normal line for me, but such short handed i was hoping to trap and since there was no turn i was going to be scared of)
check, check
turn comes a 7
villian checks, hero bets pot, fold, call, villian calls
32 in pot
river comes 6
villian checks, Hero 1/2pots for 16, fold, villian repots me for 64 on top. Hero calls

Is my line really messed up?

12-12-2005 12:17 PM

Re: Did I just get out-played?

I think it turned out fine, actually. If he's got AA, you'd probably expect flop action or turn action - alas, he checked twice. Apart from that you're only losing to 66 - the river check-raise is icy cold, but I'd pay it off most of the time, maybe expecting 67/A6/J6 or even 77 is a chance.

However, without posting the results, you seem to think you were outplayed, so I suspect villain had AA? Yes? :/

If he checks top set twice and then checks the nut full on the river hoping to check raise, then villain is fairly brave (read: weak passive).... or perhaps you're right, maybe he's a genius. I dunno. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm very keen for results, perhaps in white maybe? Ta.

12-12-2005 12:26 PM

No, you didn't. Villain should have stacked you on this hand. Playing winning poker isn't just about making monster laydowns, its about losing the minimum when you're beat. I would pay off every time here too. The only problem with your thinking is that nothing can scare you on the turn. Any A can make someone aces full, and any K, Q or T can make a straight. Don't check here unless you think there is a good chance someone will bet, which there isn't because everyone limped.

Lafortezza 12-12-2005 12:33 PM

I'd be happy to get all-in on the river every time here. Unless Villain is a very good player and decided to play this hand strangely, you should see 6's full here.

Personally I bet the flop and turn each time, you don't want to see a royalty card on turn or river.

12-12-2005 09:00 PM

Results: Yes it turns out that he had AAxx. I was just curious as to whether I have a chance to get away from this hand or not.

boscoboy 12-12-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results: Yes it turns out that he had AAxx. I was just curious as to whether I have a chance to get away from this hand or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

how? you played as well as you could have - hard to start see AA after every double check - you wont get anywhere thinking like that