Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Dumbest home game rule ever? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391751)

Slow Play Ray 12-05-2005 11:20 AM

Dumbest home game rule ever?

Okay, so we all know some uninformed people play by some pretty dumb rules, but have you ever heard one this bad? My buddy played at his neighbor's house this weekend, and there were a lot of asinine rules he told me, but this was the worst: when it gets to heads-up, they play 6 hands, and the person with the most chips after 6 hands wins. So basically if you have a big enough stack, you can just fold 6 times and win.

2+2 wannabe 12-05-2005 11:44 AM

Re: Dumbest home game rule ever?

I like the rule at a home game I used to play at:

"1/2 100NL - before the flop the max raise is to $4 TOTAL, on the flop and beyond there's no limit"

so yeah 10 people see the flop for $4....flop K42 rainbow - someone's always got 2 pair already

cmillard 12-05-2005 01:16 PM

The first home game I played in:
Game ends at 10:30, person with the most chips win! Every night at 10:00pm....short stacks going all-in, big stacks folding...until someone calls, gives all his chips to medium stack and they win!!!! CRAZY!

Zetack 12-05-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the rule at a home game I used to play at:

"1/2 100NL - before the flop the max raise is to $4 TOTAL, on the flop and beyond there's no limit"

so yeah 10 people see the flop for $4....flop K42 rainbow - someone's always got 2 pair already

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in one with an ante instead of blinds, it was limit before the flop, pot limit after the flop. There was never anything you should fold pre-flop. I didn't like it much.

12-05-2005 05:11 PM

We played with 2 jokers in the deck. The jokers could be anything. also if there was a bad beat hand was declared dead - everything was set to initial position.

JonPKibble 12-05-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We played with 2 jokers in the deck. The jokers could be anything. also if there was a bad beat hand was declared dead - everything was set to initial position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring Your Own Diapers? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-06-2005 12:49 AM

I played a Home Game with no side pots. If you were all-in for your last 100 when the blinds were 1,000-2,000 you could win the full pot of 3,100. You could also win any additional betting the other players made.

Needless to say I only played once.

henrikrh 12-06-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so we all know some uninformed people play by some pretty dumb rules, but have you ever heard one this bad? My buddy played at his neighbor's house this weekend, and there were a lot of asinine rules he told me, but this was the worst: when it gets to heads-up, they play 6 hands, and the person with the most chips after 6 hands wins. So basically if you have a big enough stack, you can just fold 6 times and win.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, dumbest rule, ever.

tubalkain 12-06-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a Home Game with no side pots. If you were all-in for your last 100 when the blinds were 1,000-2,000 you could win the full pot of 3,100. You could also win any additional betting the other players made.

Needless to say I only played once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumbest. Rule. EVAR.

SoloAJ 12-06-2005 06:14 PM

I'll be honest, I don't know which rule is worse.

6 Hands Heads up.
Ability to win full pot if you have 1 small denom chip left.

That is...tough...
I feel like an idiot for griping about some of the home game rules I've ran into...