Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The tournament director (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355653)

skiier04 10-11-2005 08:53 PM

The tournament director

Making the damn 90 year old sit for cursing...

I dont know that just pissed me off

10-11-2005 08:54 PM

Re: The tournament director is a dick

Its the rule, The Mouth got one as well later on. Why give for one and not the other

Kevmath 10-11-2005 08:55 PM

The F-bomb rule is stupid. Imagine what happens if they show Matusow's blowup on his day 1.

skiier04 10-11-2005 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its the rule, The Mouth got one as well later on. Why give for one and not the other

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its the rule.

I just felt bad for the poor guy its incredible that he was even playing.

MicroBob 10-11-2005 08:58 PM

Actually...the Mouth got 4 of them later on.

He kept saying 'F--- that' every time the director said "that's another 10 minutes" or something like that.
So mike had to sit-out 40 minutes.

I believe that if he had gotten one more he would have been disqualified (first 4 are 10 minutes each...the 5th means "you're gone!!").

Don't know if they showed it...but I was reading in one of the poker magazines (All-in or Bluff or one of those) that some guy from Europe got disqualified about 5 hours in because when he was switching tables he put his chips in his pocket which is a HUGE no-no (and they usually tell you not to do that).

They have rules and have to enforce them.
This year they instituted that new 10-minute f-bomb rule.

The big problem with it was that it seemed to be selectively enforced at times (some players got away with dropping f-bombs while others had to sit-out for 10 minutes).

10-11-2005 08:58 PM

It is a stupid rule, but rule none the less. How about the old guy hitting his quads. Be great to see him try and move big stacks around with as bad as he's shaking. Yes I know he can't help it.

Kevmath 10-11-2005 09:11 PM

I think the great Card Player "reporter" Richard Belsky had an interview with that guy.

lighterjobs 10-12-2005 01:24 AM

Re: The tournament director

I thought norman chad's comment on his ten minute penalty being a life sentence was pretty uncalled for. funny, but uncalled for.

tonypaladino 10-12-2005 04:39 AM

Re: The tournament director

There was no reason to have a guy who can barely walk leave the floor. They could have just automucked him for 10 min.

10-12-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the great Card Player "reporter" Richard Belsky had an interview with that guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich Belsky always asks the tough questions. He's the premier journalist in America.