Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   party won't let me play with my girlfriend? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313296)

jar 08-11-2005 08:34 PM

party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

My girlfriend and I tried to play some .50/1 on party together last night, which we've done many times before. This time, the software wouldn't let us sit at eachothers tables, saying our accounts were associated. Presumably this is because we've logged in from the same IP address in the past(not at the same time). We've never discussed hands in progress or anything that's at all questionable.

I emailed party about it, and got a not particularly helpful response. Has anyone else gotten them to remove this block?

cardcounter0 08-11-2005 08:38 PM

Re: party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

No, but could you clue me in on how I can get Party to let me and my "girlfriend" sit at the same tables?
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

ds914 08-11-2005 08:43 PM

No offense, but I'm really, really happy to hear that Party isn't allowing you to do this. While I'm sure you two have the best of intentions, 99% of players in a similar set-up wouldn't.

jar 08-11-2005 08:47 PM

Just to clarify, we're not trying to do it from the same place. We're at our respective apartments 20 miles apart. I totally agree that you shouldn't be allowed to sit with people on the same IP address. But blocking it just because you've ever used the same computer is a bit much.

AggieAce 08-11-2005 08:50 PM

That's weird...party let me play with your girlfriend.

craig r 08-11-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, we're not trying to do it from the same place. We're at our respective apartments 20 miles apart. I totally agree that you shouldn't be allowed to sit with people on the same IP address. But blocking it just because you've ever used the same computer is a bit much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that too much? That is the least they can do to prevent collusion.

craig

Freudian 08-11-2005 08:57 PM

Why do you want to play at the same table as your girlfriend?

ds914 08-11-2005 08:58 PM

he kinda walked into that one, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

LetYouDown 08-11-2005 09:05 PM

It shouldn't have anything to do with IP addresses. These are recycled enough to make it a logistical nightmare to maintain. It's my understanding that if you use the same computer to log on to different accounts, those accounts can never sit at the same table.

cardcounter0 08-11-2005 09:09 PM

Yeah, how can my "girlfriend" and I play at the same tables when we are on different computers, like, 20 miles away?

It's not like we would use IM or cell phones or anything to communicate with each other. Nudge-Nudge wink-wink.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]