Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   $2/$4 Stud/8 - Abandon ship? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384017)

greenage 11-23-2005 01:26 PM

$2/$4 Stud/8 - Abandon ship?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.88 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.44 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (4.44 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___<font color="red">??? </font>
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Alchemist 11-23-2005 01:41 PM

Re: $2/$4 Stud/8 - Abandon ship?

Easy call. Fold the river if you miss your low draw.

If I counted correctly, there are 37 unknown cards left. You have 10 outs to make your low. Even catching a King might be good although I can't see him betting into you showing A234 making sense if he isn't filled or better. Maybe he's counting on you having a big pair in the hole or made a baby two pair instead of a wheel/good low.

cognito20 11-23-2005 08:04 PM

Let's see....37 unseen cards, 10 outs to a low, any of which will be the winner of the low half. 2.7-1 odds against. 5.44 big bets in the pot, so if we make the assumption that he -has- filled up, you're going for half, so you're getting 2.72-1 on the low draw. If you can put him on the boat -with 100% accuracy-, I suppose it doesn't matter one way or another what you do, it's almost the same EV either way. However, in 2/4 I think the slight possibility that he may have nothing more than the trip 8s hes showing for high, and that you can therefore scoop by hitting a 5 for the wheel or a king if that -is- the case, pushes this in the direction of a call. If I hit a low, I bet/raise this river, obviously. If I hit a king, I hold my nose and call his river bet praying to the powers above he's just representing the boat. It's 1 extra bet to find out. Anything else, sayonara.

--Scott

Andy B 11-24-2005 04:00 AM

Call. Try to snag a Five. Hell, there's three of those left. If you catch a King, you have to call, but you don't have to like it. Anything else you catch should be self-explanatory.