Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Tingling in arm (serious) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340049)

Yeti 09-19-2005 01:34 PM

Tingling in arm (serious)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I was lying on the floor playing some PS2 for an hour or so, resting on my left arm. Afterwards and all through today I have a tingling all down my arm, most notable in the middle and on the palm of my hand.

It shows no sign of subsiding. What to do?

What's weird is I'm usually lying like this on the laptop on my right arm for many hours a day and have never experienced anything like this before.

xadrez 09-19-2005 01:35 PM

Re: Tingling in arm (serious)

You might have the beginnings of carpal tunnel. Id see a doctor.

touchfaith 09-19-2005 01:40 PM

Sounds like a pinched nerve.

Masturbate with the other hand for a week and you should be fine.

jakethebake 09-19-2005 01:40 PM

I'm pretty sure it's fibromyalgia

mslif 09-19-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it's fibromyalgia

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Blarg 09-19-2005 02:07 PM

Your body is not meant to take that kind of pressure forever. I've had episodes like you refer to, to a minor extent, and they went away after a while.

You can also experience peripheral neuropathy from taking too much Vitamin B6.

Whatever it's from, good luck; it will probably pass. But you should seriously reconsider lying down like that much. It can be very comfortable and I used to do it endlessly, but it's just not good for you. Sounds like you've found out, like I did, that those nerves weren't made for taking pressure that way for extended periods of time. Find healthier postures.

Pirc Defense 09-19-2005 02:10 PM

Isn't left arm tingling a precursor to heart attacks? Seriously.

If you're overweight or overly sedentary I would strongly recommend heading to a hospitable ASAP.

LetYouDown 09-19-2005 02:17 PM

Oddly enough, I have had the same type of sensation...but only in one finger in my hand. My pinky finger on my left hand and the corresponding part of the palm has felt like it's been asleep for roughly 2 weeks. It's very very strange. I thought it might be carpal tunnel, as I type a LOT everyday, but I'm not sure. I have never really used a laptop before and I started using one this summer. The tingling is essentially where my palm/finger would rest on the keyboard, so I'm not sure if it's related...but it's definitely a huge pain in the ass.

KDawgCometh 09-19-2005 11:54 PM

its very possible that you pinched nerve. My advice is to give it a few more days and not stay in the position that for a while and see how it goes from there

Sponger15SB 09-20-2005 12:20 AM

My guess is that it is terminal cancer. You have 6 weeks to live.