Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How long could John Elway throw a football in his prime (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384749)

thabadguy 11-24-2005 09:36 PM

How long could John Elway throw a football in his prime

Could he throw it a 100 yards in his prime?

youtalkfunny 11-24-2005 09:37 PM

Re: How long could John Elway throw a football in his prime

Put down the cranberry sauce.

gunt 11-24-2005 09:40 PM

back in 84' he could throw a pigskin a 1/4 mile.

Slow Play Ray 11-24-2005 09:40 PM

over them mountains

Go_Blue88 11-24-2005 09:42 PM

100 yds? You're nuts man.

11-24-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could he throw it a 100 yards in his prime?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he could throw it 100 yards and he could have boinked your mom if he felt like it!

thabadguy 11-24-2005 09:49 PM

It is to settle an argument, help guys.

Slow Play Ray 11-24-2005 09:53 PM

it's not impossible, but very few people can do it. i doubt elway was one of them.

Reef 11-24-2005 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For most people, throwing a football 60 yards through a goal post is hard enough. Try doing from your knees! For Kyle Boller, it's a cinch.

"It started a year or two ago when I was messing around with buddies on my team and decided to see how far I could throw while on my knees," Boller said. "Somebody bet me lunch that I couldn't throw the ball through the goal posts from the 50-yard line while on my knees. So I got down on my knees, chucked it, and let's just say he took me to lunch the next day. Ever since then, I've done it to show off my arm strength, and I never heard of anyone else doing it.

"I did it again during my Pro Day when a coach asked me about it. So in front of all the scouts and some media, I went out there, got on my knees, even tossed some grass in the air to show there was a slight breeze in my face, and I just reared back, twisted my hips a little bit, and let it go and it came out nice. I actually got a little standing ovation."

[/ QUOTE ]

TiK 11-24-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For most people, throwing a football 60 yards through a goal post is hard enough. Try doing from your knees! For Kyle Boller, it's a cinch.

"It started a year or two ago when I was messing around with buddies on my team and decided to see how far I could throw while on my knees," Boller said. "Somebody bet me lunch that I couldn't throw the ball through the goal posts from the 50-yard line while on my knees. So I got down on my knees, chucked it, and let's just say he took me to lunch the next day. Ever since then, I've done it to show off my arm strength, and I never heard of anyone else doing it.

"I did it again during my Pro Day when a coach asked me about it. So in front of all the scouts and some media, I went out there, got on my knees, even tossed some grass in the air to show there was a slight breeze in my face, and I just reared back, twisted my hips a little bit, and let it go and it came out nice. I actually got a little standing ovation."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty sick.